Lowestoft woman’s Hollywood experience as husband wins Oscar
- Credit: Archant
A Lowestoft woman rubbed shoulders with the rich and famous at the Oscars and the Baftas as her husband won one of the golden statues.
Natasha Lambert, 44, grew up in St Johns Road in the town and went to Kirkley High School before moving to London aged 18.
There she met her husband, Paul Lambert, who earlier this month won the Best Visual Effects Oscar and late last year Best Special Visual Effects Bafta for his work on Blade Runner 2049.
Mrs Lambert said: 'To hear them say Blade Runner was full of euphoria and relief, and then it was just pandemonium from there.
'Everywhere you go when you walk around with either a Bafta or an Oscar is just incredible because everyone is drawn to it and wants to take photos of it, touch it and hold it.
You may also want to watch:
'It really is incredible how mesmerising people get by it. It really is a key to the city, almost nowhere is off limits.'
She added: 'At the Oscars we had a couple of parties beforehand and getting dropped off, doing the red carpet and the photography, and then the show itself was absolutely incredible.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 3 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 4 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 5 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 8 Plans for ex-restaurant to become pub revealed as licence granted
- 9 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 10 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
'Just being in the mix of it was just incredible, especially after years of watching it on TV.'
However, Mrs Lambert revealed that non-household names do not receive the fabled gift baskets Oscar nominees are reported to get from the Academy.
She said: 'We don't get any of the gift baskets. The whole hype about the gift bag is all for the A listers. It was a little bit of disappointing.
'Every nominee at the Baftas gets a really nice basket. We got an espresso machine voucher, champagne, a few different bottles of alcohol including whisky and gin, chocolate and a wine tasting voucher.
'It all came in this gorgeous woven basket and we are now just waiting for the espresso machine to arrive!'
Mrs Lambert has lived in Vancouver with her husband and young family for three years, following 12 years in Los Angeles.