Lowestoft woman kicked police officer
A LOWESTOFT woman repeatedly kicked a female police officer after drinking wine at a party to celebrate her son's birthday, a court was told.
Clare Garrod, 26, assaulted the officer after police were called to her home in Winnipeg Road on April 16 following reports of a disturbance.
Mitzy Bond, prosecuting, told Lowestoft Magistrates' Court on Tuesday that Garrod had been celebrating her son's first birthday at a party with up to 25 friends and relatives. When police arrived at the address, they found Garrod slumped on the floor in a hysterical state.
Garrod kicked the police officer in the shin five or six times and attempted to headbutt her.
Ms Bond said Garrod was intoxicated, having had three of four glasses of wine. She had been drinking while taking anti-depressants to help her with anxiety problems.
You may also want to watch:
James Hartley, mitigating, said his client did not have a clear memory of what had happened and had acted out of character. Garrod had no previous convictions. Mr Hartley told magistrates: 'She very much regrets her behaviour. She is very sorry for what had happened.'
After pleading guilty to assaulting a police officer, Garrod was fined �100 and ordered to pay �100 compensation to her victim.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 3 Suffolk-built boats relive glory days on Oulton Broad
- 4 Latitude Festival 2021: Supergrass kicks off sunny second day
- 5 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 8 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 9 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 10 Chemical Brothers review: Sensory overload stuns Latitude crowd