Lowestoft woman meets soap star at national slimming competition after losing over 8st
- Credit: Slimming W?orld
A super slimmer from Corton, near Lowestoft, made it through to the semi-finals of a national slimming competition.
Michelle Prue earned a place in Slimming World's Woman of the Year 2017 competition where she met Emmerdale star Adam Thomas.
The 29-year-old lost 8st 10lbs and made it to the semi-finals after members of her Gunton Thursday group voted for her to be their representative.
Miss Prue said: 'Before I found Slimming World, losing weight always seemed such a struggle. If I wasn't feeling hungry or deprived, it was the mental battles – feeling as though I was missing out because I couldn't socialise with my friends, go out for a meal or do things with my family.
'I picked up loads of tips in my Slimming World group. Everyone is full of ideas and advice, and their support really helped me believe in myself. I honestly don't think I could have done it without them!'
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'Losing weight has encouraged me to think about how active I am too, so I've taken up different exercise classes such as Zumba and Burlexercise. I even enjoy walking and jogging now. Slimming World has completely changed my life.'
Adam Thomas was bowled over by Miss Prue's transformation.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 6 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 7 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 8 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
He said: 'I couldn't believe the change in Michelle, she looks incredible and has achieved so much.'
Kevin Stolworthy, who runs the Gunton Thursday group that Miss Prue attends, said: 'Michelle is a wonderful asset to our group. Her transformation has inspired so many of her fellow slimmers, so we feel very lucky to have her. The change on the outside is plain to see, yet she has changed so much inside, too. She's bursting with confidence and ready to take on whatever challenges life throws at her. She's beautiful inside and out, and we couldn't be prouder.
'If Michelle has inspired anyone else in Corton who'd like to lose weight, they're more than welcome to join our group at the Gunton Baptist Church or call me on 07919 896437.'