Woman's four stone weight loss success despite global pandemic
- Credit: Slimming World
A 23-year-old has lost over four-and-a-half stone over the last 12 months, despite the global pandemic.
Like many, Charlotte Read started the new decade with a resolution to lose weight, unaware of the hurdles that would be thrown in her way.
Having struggled with her weight for a number of years, including feeling hungry and deprived when attempting to lose weight, Ms Read joined her local Slimming World group in Kirkley, Lowestoft.
She said: "I was gaining weight so rapidly I was constantly having to buy new clothes.
"At my heaviest I had no motivation to do anything. I felt tired, slugging and got breathless so easily, sometimes to the point where my chest began to hurt.
You may also want to watch:
"Emotionally, I was so unhappy. I had no self-confidence and my self-esteem was at an all time low.
"I was really nervous and apprehensive about walking into the group that first time, but I figured there would be lots of new people joining the group in January and hoped I'd be able to blend into the background and not have to speak to anyone.
- 1 Teen lands in court over spate of thefts from vehicles
- 2 Border Force alerted after lifeboat recovers abandoned dinghy
- 3 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media
- 4 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 5 Delays expected for bridge works
- 6 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 7 Cultural hub could transform 'key town centre site' in £35m project
- 8 Covid vaccination centre opens at former court building
- 9 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 10 Major investments at 'incredibly exciting time' for coastal town
"I got such a warm welcome and I soon realised I was in a safe and happy environment."
Backed by her group, the 23-year-old "hasn't looked back" and has now lost 4st 9lb in 12 months.
As well as eating healthier with Slimming World's Food Optimising plan, she also joined her local parkrun and now uses her daily exercise time to walk her dog.
One year on, and Ms Read is now running her own Slimming World group in Lowestoft as a consultant.
She said: "It's not a diet, just a healthy way of eating that I know I can keep up for the rest of my life.
"I might have lost weight but I've gained so much more. I feel happier, healthier and have loads more confidence.
"I can't believe the difference in me in just 12 months, and neither can my family and friends.
"I want to inspire and motivate even more people in my local community to come along and embrace the easiest, most effective and supportive way to lose weight."
To find out more about Ms Read's new Lowestoft group, call or message on 07488 559 997.