Women found not guilty of assault outside Aquarium nightclub
- Credit: Archant
Four women have been found not guilty of assaulting and causing actual bodily harm to a woman on a night out in Lowestoft.
Chelsea Carter, 28, Cassie Knights, 31, Maisie Harper, 19 and Sophie Skillbeck, 24 – all from Lowestoft – had been accused of carrying out a violent attack near the Aquarium nightclub in the town in January last year.
Ipswich Crown Court heard Lauren Botwright, 23, had been head-butted, punched and stamped on, after being accused of laughing at Ms Carter.
All four defendants had denied assaulting Miss Botwright.
The court had heard that Ms Carter told police there had been a 'massive brawl' and she did not know what had happened. Ms Knights had said it looked as though Miss Botwright and a man were 'going to start on' Ms Carter.
You may also want to watch:
At Ipswich Crown Court yesterday, all four defendants were found not guilty by a jury.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 5 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 6 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 7 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 8 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment