Women found not guilty of assault outside Aquarium nightclub
- Credit: Archant
Four women have been found not guilty of assaulting and causing actual bodily harm to a woman on a night out in Lowestoft.
Chelsea Carter, 28, Cassie Knights, 31, Maisie Harper, 19 and Sophie Skillbeck, 24 – all from Lowestoft – had been accused of carrying out a violent attack near the Aquarium nightclub in the town in January last year.
Ipswich Crown Court heard Lauren Botwright, 23, had been head-butted, punched and stamped on, after being accused of laughing at Ms Carter.
All four defendants had denied assaulting Miss Botwright.
The court had heard that Ms Carter told police there had been a 'massive brawl' and she did not know what had happened. Ms Knights had said it looked as though Miss Botwright and a man were 'going to start on' Ms Carter.
You may also want to watch:
At Ipswich Crown Court yesterday, all four defendants were found not guilty by a jury.
- 1 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 2 Acting headteacher thrilled as school delivers community help
- 3 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 4 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 5 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 Son's concern as Covid hospital patient, 85, moved seven times in two weeks
- 8 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 9 'No black hole' - MP reveals two new vaccine centres in towns
- 10 Pressure grows for fixed date for schools to re-open