Women found not guilty of assault outside Aquarium nightclub
- Credit: Archant
Four women have been found not guilty of assaulting and causing actual bodily harm to a woman on a night out in Lowestoft.
Chelsea Carter, 28, Cassie Knights, 31, Maisie Harper, 19 and Sophie Skillbeck, 24 – all from Lowestoft – had been accused of carrying out a violent attack near the Aquarium nightclub in the town in January last year.
Ipswich Crown Court heard Lauren Botwright, 23, had been head-butted, punched and stamped on, after being accused of laughing at Ms Carter.
All four defendants had denied assaulting Miss Botwright.
The court had heard that Ms Carter told police there had been a 'massive brawl' and she did not know what had happened. Ms Knights had said it looked as though Miss Botwright and a man were 'going to start on' Ms Carter.
You may also want to watch:
At Ipswich Crown Court yesterday, all four defendants were found not guilty by a jury.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of firearms offences in Lowestoft
- 2 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 3 Man hands himself into police after firearms incident in Lowestoft
- 4 Historic Lowestoft pub transformed as new seafood restaurant opens
- 5 A47 set for two weeks of roadworks from Monday
- 6 Smokehouse welcomes arrival of new fish smoking kiln - by crane
- 7 A146 closed after crash near Worlingham
- 8 Unique 'upside down' home with panoramic views is for sale
- 9 Man, 45, jailed for Lowestoft burglaries
- 10 Man hit with club and struck with knife in Lowestoft assault