Searches continue after police cordon off woodland near Lowestoft beach
- Credit: Mick Howes
Police are continuing to carry out searches of an area of woodland after personal items were found.
Officers sealed off a wooded area near to the beach at North Denes, in Lowestoft, after a member of the public made the discovery.
On Monday, a spokesperson for Suffolk Police confirmed enquiries were ongoing.
They said: "Officers are currently carrying out an investigation in a wooded area near North Denes beach, Lowestoft.
"Police were called at 8:15pm on Saturday, October 9, to concerns relating to a number of personal items found by a member of the public.
"A police scene is in place whilst further enquiries are carried out."
Officers remain at the scene while enquiries are being carried out.
Anyone with information about the items should contact officers at Suffolk Police on 101.
- 1 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 2 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 New venture for 'beautiful' seafront B&B