Madness announce Suffolk gig
POPULAR British pop/ska act Madness are to perform in Suffolk, it was announced today. The band will play at Newmarket Racecourse on Friday, August 6 as part of the Newmarket Nights series.
POPULAR British pop/ska act Madness are to perform in Suffolk, it was announced today.
The band will play at Newmarket Racecourse on Friday, August 6 as part of the Newmarket Nights series.
It is the third time Madness have been part of the Newmarket Nights line-up following sell-out performances in 2007 and 2008.
Madness are one of the ultimate British singles bands, holding the record for British single sales in the 1980s.
You may also want to watch:
Stephen Wallis, Newmarket Racecourses managing director, said: 'We are extremely thrilled to be welcoming back Madness to Newmarket.
'Their previous two performances in 2007 and 2008 were two of the best Newmarket Nights ever and Madness were hugely popular with the crowd.
- 1 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 2 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 3 'A redevelopment opportunity' - Empty town centre shop and maisonette set for auction
- 4 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 5 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 University joy for Lowestoft Sixth Form students
- 10 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
'It was no surprise to us that Madness sold out very quickly both times and therefore urge our customers to book early for this year's event to avoid disappointment.'
Tickets for Madness are now on sale and can be booked online at www.newmarketracecourses.co.uk or by calling 0844 5793010. Tickets are priced between �36 and �18 for adults, and �15 and �10 for children.