Magical carpet ride as Karpet Kingdom is announced as sponsor of pantomime, Aladdin, at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
It is a business that has been at the heart of the community since 1969.
And now, Roger Harrod's Karpet & Furniture Kingdom – one of the area's largest independent flooring and furniture specialists – have been announced as the main sponsor for this year's the family pantomime, Aladdin, at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft.
Aladdin runs for 32 amazing performances at the venue later this year. Karpet Kingdom was established by Roger and Joan Harrod in the garage of their family home and today they are still a family business – with the couple's two sons now running the company. Jon Harrod, of Karpet Kingdom, which is based at Whapload Road in Lowestoft, said: 'We are immensely proud to be sponsoring this year's pantomime at the Marina Theatre – which promises to be the biggest and best run of performances yet.
'We are all delighted at Karpet Kingdom to support the production and look forward to the fun and games this Christmas.'
Ann Widdecombe will star as the regal and authoritative Empress of China in the spectacular family pantomime. Ann will be accompanied on stage by pop star Mark Read, a member of hit boyband A1, who is set to play Aladdin.
You may also want to watch:
Alongside funnyman Terry Gleed, who will be returning by popular demand to play Wishee Washee, will be Aaron Spendelow as the Genie of the Lamp.
Also returning by popular demand will be Fenton Gray, who will take on the role of Widow Twankey. Mia Richards will be playing Princess Jasmine, Deearna McLean as Slave of the Ring and Darren Clewlow-Smith as Abanazar.
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 4 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 8 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
The shows will be directed by Richard Cheshire and choreographed by Helen Jeckells – with audiences set to be taken on an eastern adventure full of spectacle, sparkle and shine.
Lee Henderson, chief executive at the Marina Theatre, added: 'We are extremely grateful to Roger Harrod's Karpet & Furniture Kingdom for their sponsorship of this year's family pantomime. The Marina is a registered charity and support from local businesses is invaluable to ensure the theatre remains a vital theatre and entertainment resource for Lowestoft and its future generations.'
To book tickets, where the early bird price is just £15 on all tickets until September 2, call the box office on 01502 533200 or visit www.marinatheatre.co.uk