Major fire at Great Yarmouth
Firefighters from Lowestoft joined crews from Suffolk and Norfolk to tackle a major building fire in Yarmouth overnight.The fire at Seletar Services, an off-shore maritime support building in Queens Road, Great Yarmouth, started just before 2.
Firefighters from Lowestoft joined crews from Suffolk and Norfolk to tackle a major building fire in Yarmouth overnight.
The fire at Seletar Services, an off-shore maritime support building in Queens Road, Great Yarmouth, started just before 2.30am this morning.
More than six crews and 50 firefighters were called in to tackle the blaze, which involved compressed gas cylinders.
Crews from Yarmouth, Lowestoft, Hethersett, Loddon and Wymondham used foam equipment. The fire took two hours to bring under control.
You may also want to watch:
Robert Miles, fire crew manager for Yarmouth, said: “The flames were coming over the top of buildings and we know the fire involved various gas cylinders, which is why we did not go inside but tackled it from the outside. At one point we had more than 50 firefighters there.”
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 'You want to be un-vaccinated? Go to Lowestoft' - rock legend's jab at town
- 3 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 4 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 5 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 6 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 7 How well do you know Lowestoft?
- 8 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 Part of A143 closed after three-vehicle crash in early hours
- 10 Local recruitment crisis for dentists in east Suffolk