Major health investment plans in Lowestoft, Reydon and Beccles
PATIENTS in Lowestoft, Reydon and Beccles are to benefit from improved healthcare facilities under plans by NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney to invest �7.6m in a range of projects over the next year.
In Lowestoft, �950,000 will be spent setting up a GP clinic in Economy Road and �216,000 will be used to refurbish the contraception and sexual health clinic in Regents Road, starting next month.
In Reydon, �750,000 has been allocated to carry out groundworks and infrastructure improvements at the old Eversley School Playing Field in Wangford Road which has been identified as a site for the Reydon Healthy Living Centre.
Subject to a decision on further funding, the new centre will be developed to replace the overcrowded and outdated Southwold Surgery and provide facilities for community services, with a view to it opening by 2013/14.
In Beccles, �845,000 will be spent creating a new pharmacy in a building next to the hospital which in turn will free up space in the main Beccles health centre for extra clinics, offices and training rooms.
You may also want to watch:
The work will increase capacity and allow it to provide extra services, such as minor surgery, by early 2013. The funding comes after a project to add additional consulting rooms, a waiting area and lift was completed last year.
Also included in the capital funding project is a �750,000 investment in maintenance work across NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's property portfolio and �50,000 for sustainability measures such as high efficiency boilers, solar panels and double glazing to help reduce the environmental impact of the new buildings.
- 1 Lowestoft man kicked victim in head as he lay on the ground
- 2 Scheme unveiled for former pub and butchers on town's High Street
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man in 30s suffers emergency in Kessingland
- 4 Why a strange light was seen flying over Lowestoft
- 5 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 6 Key workers share 'frustrating' impact of panic-buying of fuel
- 7 Hunt continues for two men involved in assault in Lowestoft
- 8 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 9 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 10 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault