Major health investment plans in Lowestoft, Reydon and Beccles
PATIENTS in Lowestoft, Reydon and Beccles are to benefit from improved healthcare facilities under plans by NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney to invest �7.6m in a range of projects over the next year.
In Lowestoft, �950,000 will be spent setting up a GP clinic in Economy Road and �216,000 will be used to refurbish the contraception and sexual health clinic in Regents Road, starting next month.
In Reydon, �750,000 has been allocated to carry out groundworks and infrastructure improvements at the old Eversley School Playing Field in Wangford Road which has been identified as a site for the Reydon Healthy Living Centre.
Subject to a decision on further funding, the new centre will be developed to replace the overcrowded and outdated Southwold Surgery and provide facilities for community services, with a view to it opening by 2013/14.
In Beccles, �845,000 will be spent creating a new pharmacy in a building next to the hospital which in turn will free up space in the main Beccles health centre for extra clinics, offices and training rooms.
You may also want to watch:
The work will increase capacity and allow it to provide extra services, such as minor surgery, by early 2013. The funding comes after a project to add additional consulting rooms, a waiting area and lift was completed last year.
Also included in the capital funding project is a �750,000 investment in maintenance work across NHS Great Yarmouth and Waveney's property portfolio and �50,000 for sustainability measures such as high efficiency boilers, solar panels and double glazing to help reduce the environmental impact of the new buildings.
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 7 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Town's ultrafast broadband bid back on track