Major police search in Lowestoft
Mark BoggisA 32-YEAR-OLD man has been detained under the mental health act after a major police search in Lowestoft this afternoon (Wednesday).Officers were contacted about 1.Mark Boggis
A 32-YEAR-OLD man has been detained under the mental health act after a major police search in Lowestoft this afternoon (Wednesday).
Officers were contacted about 1.30pm today (Wednesday) and told of concerns for a man who was believed to have been carrying a knife after leaving premises in the south of the town.
'Officers immediately attended and started to search for the man, who it was thought may have been on route to his home in Hollingsworth Road,' a police spokesman said.
'Police also went to his home address in a bid to locate him, with armed officers entering to search the premises.'
You may also want to watch:
The force helicopter was also tasked with searching for the man, and when it was found he was not at his home address further enquiries were made, leading to a mobile phone call being made to the man.
'Through negotiation he agreed to return to his home to talk to police,' the spokesman said.
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 5 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 9 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 10 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
'The man was then spotted and observed as he walked back to the property where he was spoken to by police and a knife was recovered. The 32-year-old man has now been detained under the mental health act,' the spokesman added.