Major police search in Lowestoft
Mark BoggisA 32-YEAR-OLD man has been detained under the mental health act after a major police search in Lowestoft this afternoon (Wednesday).Officers were contacted about 1.Mark Boggis
A 32-YEAR-OLD man has been detained under the mental health act after a major police search in Lowestoft this afternoon (Wednesday).
Officers were contacted about 1.30pm today (Wednesday) and told of concerns for a man who was believed to have been carrying a knife after leaving premises in the south of the town.
'Officers immediately attended and started to search for the man, who it was thought may have been on route to his home in Hollingsworth Road,' a police spokesman said.
'Police also went to his home address in a bid to locate him, with armed officers entering to search the premises.'
You may also want to watch:
The force helicopter was also tasked with searching for the man, and when it was found he was not at his home address further enquiries were made, leading to a mobile phone call being made to the man.
'Through negotiation he agreed to return to his home to talk to police,' the spokesman said.
- 1 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 2 Man suffers broken leg in serious crash on A12
- 3 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 4 'A true icon': England legend unveils sports hall at former school
- 5 Thieves steal Range Rover from street in Lowestoft
- 6 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 7 Refurbished seafront toilet block set on fire in vandalism spree
- 8 Person taken to hospital after being rescued from boat
- 9 'Little soldier' Drew fighting extremely rare muscle condition
- 10 'Don't ask, don't get' - Town council says no to Lowestoft city status bid
'The man was then spotted and observed as he walked back to the property where he was spoken to by police and a knife was recovered. The 32-year-old man has now been detained under the mental health act,' the spokesman added.