Major police search in Lowestoft
Mark BoggisA 32-YEAR-OLD man has been detained under the mental health act after a major police search in Lowestoft this afternoon (Wednesday).Officers were contacted about 1.Mark Boggis
A 32-YEAR-OLD man has been detained under the mental health act after a major police search in Lowestoft this afternoon (Wednesday).
Officers were contacted about 1.30pm today (Wednesday) and told of concerns for a man who was believed to have been carrying a knife after leaving premises in the south of the town.
'Officers immediately attended and started to search for the man, who it was thought may have been on route to his home in Hollingsworth Road,' a police spokesman said.
'Police also went to his home address in a bid to locate him, with armed officers entering to search the premises.'
You may also want to watch:
The force helicopter was also tasked with searching for the man, and when it was found he was not at his home address further enquiries were made, leading to a mobile phone call being made to the man.
'Through negotiation he agreed to return to his home to talk to police,' the spokesman said.
- 1 Woman's warning after being targeted in Royal Mail scam
- 2 Anger after trees 'cut down without any consent'
- 3 Charred remains show aftermath of fire at children's play area
- 4 Mum's upset after church clears baby daughter's grave
- 5 Which Norfolk Wetherspoons pubs are reopening from April 12?
- 6 Investigations continue after drugs seized during raid
- 7 Cooler conditions keep crowds away from east coast
- 8 First lockdown restrictions lifted today - what can you do now?
- 9 Covid-19 timeline: How Lowestoft responded to the pandemic
- 10 Man dies following collision on A12
'The man was then spotted and observed as he walked back to the property where he was spoken to by police and a knife was recovered. The 32-year-old man has now been detained under the mental health act,' the spokesman added.