Major revamp at Lowestoft store is celebrated
- Credit: Archant
Waveney MP Peter Aldous joined one of the UK's most successful business teams and founder of Specsavers, John Perkins, to officially open the opticians' new-look Lowestoft store.
The Specsavers store in London Road North has increased in size, adding three new testing rooms, a contact lens department, a separate audiology department with wheelchair access and a larger off-site laboratory. The extra space and facilities has created three new jobs at the store.
To celebrate its recent refit the store hosted a fun day in aid of Specsavers' chosen charity – East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
Founder Dame Mary said: 'The Lowestoft store opened in 1996, so it's fantastic to see the changes. We never lose sight of our customers and it's great to be able to offer them an improved service in the area. We wouldn't have a business if it wasn't for them and it's their loyalty to the Lowestoft store that has allowed us to grow even more.' David Holcombe, store director at Specsavers Lowestoft, said: 'I would like to thank our customers for their continuing support and making this investment possible. This refit is designed around enhancing our eyecare services and improving the customer experience. The new sound proof hearing room will also vastly improve our hearing service, and the disabled access is crucial.'
?To book an eye examination, or a free hearing check, visit Specsavers Lowestoft or call 01502 580500.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 8 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 9 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 10 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021