Major revamp at Lowestoft store is celebrated
- Credit: Archant
Waveney MP Peter Aldous joined one of the UK's most successful business teams and founder of Specsavers, John Perkins, to officially open the opticians' new-look Lowestoft store.
The Specsavers store in London Road North has increased in size, adding three new testing rooms, a contact lens department, a separate audiology department with wheelchair access and a larger off-site laboratory. The extra space and facilities has created three new jobs at the store.
To celebrate its recent refit the store hosted a fun day in aid of Specsavers' chosen charity – East Anglia's Children's Hospices.
Founder Dame Mary said: 'The Lowestoft store opened in 1996, so it's fantastic to see the changes. We never lose sight of our customers and it's great to be able to offer them an improved service in the area. We wouldn't have a business if it wasn't for them and it's their loyalty to the Lowestoft store that has allowed us to grow even more.' David Holcombe, store director at Specsavers Lowestoft, said: 'I would like to thank our customers for their continuing support and making this investment possible. This refit is designed around enhancing our eyecare services and improving the customer experience. The new sound proof hearing room will also vastly improve our hearing service, and the disabled access is crucial.'
?To book an eye examination, or a free hearing check, visit Specsavers Lowestoft or call 01502 580500.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 3 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 4 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 5 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase
- 6 Green light for new shop's alcohol bid
- 7 Diversions in place with stretch of A12 to be closed overnight
- 8 Tree planted in memory of town councillor who 'worked tirelessly'
- 9 Millions of bank customers hit by cashpoint and app glitch
- 10 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary