Major roadworks planned for Lowestoft
A SERIES of roadworks are set to start in Lowestoft next month (August), which is likely to continue until the end of October.Suffolk County Council today announced that major 'maintenance works' will be carried out at Hollingsworth Road, from the A12 Yarmouth Road to Oulton Road.
A SERIES of roadworks are set to start in Lowestoft next month (August), which is likely to continue until the end of October.
Suffolk County Council today announced that major 'maintenance works' will be carried out at Hollingsworth Road, from the A12 Yarmouth Road to Oulton Road.
Works are likely to be carried out in two phases, starting on August 10, and will include surfacing of the road, footway surfacing and new kerbing at various locations.
The first phase of works includes removal of the old surfacing by road planning, joint sealing followed by kerbing, footways and road repairs. This works will run for about eight weeks and will be carried out using traffic lights.
You may also want to watch:
Phase two involves further road preparation and surfacing, starting on week commencing October 19 as it runs for two weeks. This will be carried out under a road closure to allow the works to proceed safely and quickly.
'Only authorised access to properties and businesses will be allowed during the road closure,' a council spokesman said. 'Affected premises will be contacted in advance of the works to agree the detailed arrangements.'
- 1 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 2 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 3 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 4 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 5 Restaurant fined for refusing to close in third lockdown
- 6 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 7 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 8 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations
- 9 People 'clambering over and fishing from' danger defences
- 10 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
Next Friday (August 7) engineers will be available to answer questions and address any concerns local residents may have at Gunton Community Hall from 1.30pm to 3.30pm.