Major search for swimmer called off
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.
Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A member of the public called the coastguard just after 2pm to report seeing two people swimming in the water with one man becoming caught in the current.
Three helicopters as well as the RNLI inshore lifeboat from Gorleston and two lifeboats from Caister joined in the search.
You may also want to watch:
But despite this, the swimmer was not found and the search has been called off.
The area will be searched again at low water in the hope of finding the missing man.
- 1 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 2 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 3 Pub and restaurant group 'looking forward' to re-opening popular venues
- 4 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 5 'Innovative' new street light sparks interest on the coast
- 6 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 7 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 8 'We can't wait' - Boutique owners prepare for April 12 re-opening
- 9 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for a week
- 10 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease