Major search for swimmer called off
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.
Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A member of the public called the coastguard just after 2pm to report seeing two people swimming in the water with one man becoming caught in the current.
Three helicopters as well as the RNLI inshore lifeboat from Gorleston and two lifeboats from Caister joined in the search.
You may also want to watch:
But despite this, the swimmer was not found and the search has been called off.
The area will be searched again at low water in the hope of finding the missing man.
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex