Major search for swimmer called off
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.
Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A member of the public called the coastguard just after 2pm to report seeing two people swimming in the water with one man becoming caught in the current.
Three helicopters as well as the RNLI inshore lifeboat from Gorleston and two lifeboats from Caister joined in the search.
But despite this, the swimmer was not found and the search has been called off.
The area will be searched again at low water in the hope of finding the missing man.
- 1 Teen warned jail sentence 'almost inevitable' for cocaine dealing
- 2 Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- 3 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 4 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 5 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
- 6 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 7 Man denies robbing alleged victim of mobile phone
- 8 Lowestoft woman wanted by police on recall to prison
- 9 New hair salon opens up with its very own puppy on the premises
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week