Major search for swimmer called off
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.
Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A member of the public called the coastguard just after 2pm to report seeing two people swimming in the water with one man becoming caught in the current.
Three helicopters as well as the RNLI inshore lifeboat from Gorleston and two lifeboats from Caister joined in the search.
You may also want to watch:
But despite this, the swimmer was not found and the search has been called off.
The area will be searched again at low water in the hope of finding the missing man.
- 1 Woman in 60s taken to hospital following collision
- 2 Drivers face diversions as bridge set for overnight closures
- 3 Lowestoft primary school's long-serving midday supervisor hailed after retirement
- 4 Films to be screened across district as silent outdoor cinema launches
- 5 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 6 Man to be sentenced for drugs charges told jail is 'almost inevitable'
- 7 Boat trip firm hopes to move launches to Heritage Quay
- 8 Man arrested on suspicion of murder in Gorleston is released on bail
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Lowestoft boxer Charley Davison’s Olympic medal chase - how it could unfold