Major search for swimmer called off
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A MAJOR search for a missing swimmer was called off last night.
Yarmouth Coastguard coordinated a search for the swimmer, who is missing off Great Yarmouth, yesterday (Thursday) afternoon.
A member of the public called the coastguard just after 2pm to report seeing two people swimming in the water with one man becoming caught in the current.
Three helicopters as well as the RNLI inshore lifeboat from Gorleston and two lifeboats from Caister joined in the search.
You may also want to watch:
But despite this, the swimmer was not found and the search has been called off.
The area will be searched again at low water in the hope of finding the missing man.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Air ambulance responds after man suffers emergency in Lowestoft
- 3 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 4 Victorian footbridge in Lowestoft set to undergo 'significant repairs'
- 5 Discovery of personal items in woods 'not suspicious', police confirm
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Man caught with indecent images of children as young as two to be sentenced
- 8 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
- 10 High Sheriff praises mental health support at high school in Lowestoft