Man and teenage boy arrested in Lowestoft
A 20-YEAR-OLD man and a 17-year-old boy have been arrested by police after the attempted theft of a motor vehicle from a car park in Lowestoft.
Police were initially alerted about 12.20am this morning (Thursday) after an observant local spotted three people trying to break into his vehicle at the car park in Aldwyck Way.
Officers immediately attended and on route received another 999 call from an alert member of the public reporting men breaking into a neighbours car in Denton Drive. Police diverted to this call and the two were arrested a short time later.
Both are currently in custody at Lowestoft police station where they are being interviewed by officers.
Anyone who was in the area around this time is asked to call officers at Lowestoft police station on 01986 835300 - particularly if you saw anything that may help enquiries into the incidents.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'New lease of life' - Pubs ready after £35,000 investment
- 2 Man admits crashing into five cars and a level crossing
- 3 'The buzz is great' - Market stall owners take reins at town pub
- 4 Road to be closed and traffic diverted for overnight works
- 5 CCTV shows moment father who died was restrained by Pontins security staff
- 6 RNLI called out to rescue 'soggy doggy'
- 7 Empty town centre shop sells at auction
- 8 Queen writes to Lily, 5, in reply to condolences card
- 9 'Dangerous' neck restraint led to death of Pontins guest, inquest finds
- 10 Search continues for Beccles man missing for five days