Man and two women charged with drugs offences
THREE people have been charged with drugs offences – and two of them with firearms offences – after police raided addresses in north Suffolk earlier this year and recovered more than 150 cannabis plants and five shotguns.
Officers from Suffolk Police's Territorial Support Team initially carried out warrants at a home in Ballygate in Beccles on Friday, July 9 and then also went to properties at Herons Close in Oulton Broad, Wenhaston Way in Lowestoft and Halt Road in Caister-on-Sea to do further searches.
At Ballygate 48 cannabis plants were found inside and a further 14 outside in the back yard of the property. Police also seized five shotguns from the house.
At Herons Close officers discovered a second cannabis factory where another 48 plants were being grown and these were seized along with growing equipment including lights and hydroponics.
At Wenhaston Way a growing set-up, 44 plants and 19 cuttings were seized and at Halt Road more growing equipment was discovered.
You may also want to watch:
Three people – a man and two women - have now been charged in connection with the finds.
Brian Reynolds, 56, of Herons Close, has been charged with producing cannabis, five counts of possession of a shotgun without a certificate and supplying a class B drug (cannabis).
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
Christine Smedley, 65, of Herons Close, has been charged with being concerned in the production of cannabis and Grizelda Bayliss, 59, of Wenhaston Way, has been charged with being concerned in the production of cannabis, five counts of possession of shotgun without a certificate and converting criminal property.
All three have been bailed to appear at Lowestoft magistrates court next Monday, November 8, at 2.15pm.