Man and two women charged with drugs offences
THREE people have been charged with drugs offences – and two of them with firearms offences – after police raided addresses in north Suffolk earlier this year and recovered more than 150 cannabis plants and five shotguns.
Officers from Suffolk Police's Territorial Support Team initially carried out warrants at a home in Ballygate in Beccles on Friday, July 9 and then also went to properties at Herons Close in Oulton Broad, Wenhaston Way in Lowestoft and Halt Road in Caister-on-Sea to do further searches.
At Ballygate 48 cannabis plants were found inside and a further 14 outside in the back yard of the property. Police also seized five shotguns from the house.
At Herons Close officers discovered a second cannabis factory where another 48 plants were being grown and these were seized along with growing equipment including lights and hydroponics.
At Wenhaston Way a growing set-up, 44 plants and 19 cuttings were seized and at Halt Road more growing equipment was discovered.
Three people – a man and two women - have now been charged in connection with the finds.
Brian Reynolds, 56, of Herons Close, has been charged with producing cannabis, five counts of possession of a shotgun without a certificate and supplying a class B drug (cannabis).
- 1 Man throws brick through living room window in Lowestoft
- 2 Hundreds bask in sun for return of 'wonderful' event
- 3 Enjoy the wonders of hidden exotic garden at summer open days
- 4 Thieves break into garden and steal hot tub
- 5 Alleged fly-tipper smashed through hedge after being locked inside property grounds
- 6 Police hunt wanted man from Lowestoft
- 7 'Time for some you time': Unwind at brand new wellbeing retreat
- 8 Have your say on redevelopment of station building vacant for 50 years
- 9 Warning as RNLI crew called out to sandbank to rescue paddleboarders
- 10 Roads 'likely' to flood as thunderstorms hit Suffolk
Christine Smedley, 65, of Herons Close, has been charged with being concerned in the production of cannabis and Grizelda Bayliss, 59, of Wenhaston Way, has been charged with being concerned in the production of cannabis, five counts of possession of shotgun without a certificate and converting criminal property.
All three have been bailed to appear at Lowestoft magistrates court next Monday, November 8, at 2.15pm.