Man arrested after fatal crash
POLICE have arrested a 25-year-old man on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a motorcyclist died near Lowestoft.Officers are seeking witnesses after the fatal road traffic collision in Cooke Road in Gisleham, near Lowestoft, at around 7.
POLICE have arrested a 25-year-old man on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving after a motorcyclist died near Lowestoft.
Officers are seeking witnesses after the fatal road traffic collision in Cooke Road in Gisleham, near Lowestoft, at around 7.30am on Tuesday morning.
The collision involved three vehicles - a white Volvo lorry, a blue Ford Transit pick-up and a black Suzuki motorbike.
The motorcyclist - a 27-year-old man - was pronounced dead at the scene.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the pick-up vehicle was subsequently arrested by police and is currently in custody at Lowestoft police station where he will be interviewed by officers.
The road remains closed while investigations into the collision get underway.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
Police are asking anyone who saw the collision, who has not yet spoken to officers, to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at police headquarters on 01473 613500.