Man arrested after woman stabbed
A 53-year-old man remained in custody at Lowestoft police station last night after being arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.The man was arrested following an incident at an address in Cambridge Road, Lowestoft, in the early hours of yesterday morning in which a 47-year-old woman sustained stab wounds to her stomach.
A 53-year-old man remained in custody at Lowestoft police station last night after being arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
The man was arrested following an incident at an address in Cambridge Road, Lowestoft, in the early hours of yesterday morning in which a 47-year-old woman sustained stab wounds to her stomach.
Police were contacted by the ambulance service at 1.20am reporting that the woman had been stabbed.
The woman was taken to the James Paget University Hospital at Gorleston.
Last night a Suffolk police spokeswoman said the woman had undergone surgery and her injuries are currently not thought to be life-threatening.
The address at Cambridge Road was cordoned off as a full investigation into what happened got underway.
- 1 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 4 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 5 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 6 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 7 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Investigations ongoing after stolen moped involved in crash
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the Cambridge Road area between midnight and 1.30am yesterday who may have seen or heard anything that may assist with their enquiries.
Officers will be carrying out a street meeting in Cambridge Road between 2pm and 4pm tomorrow, (Sunday, November 22) to give local residents the opportunity to speak to police about any concerns they may have.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.