Man arrested after woman stabbed
A 53-year-old man remained in custody at Lowestoft police station last night after being arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.The man was arrested following an incident at an address in Cambridge Road, Lowestoft, in the early hours of yesterday morning in which a 47-year-old woman sustained stab wounds to her stomach.
A 53-year-old man remained in custody at Lowestoft police station last night after being arrested on suspicion of attempted murder.
The man was arrested following an incident at an address in Cambridge Road, Lowestoft, in the early hours of yesterday morning in which a 47-year-old woman sustained stab wounds to her stomach.
Police were contacted by the ambulance service at 1.20am reporting that the woman had been stabbed.
The woman was taken to the James Paget University Hospital at Gorleston.
You may also want to watch:
Last night a Suffolk police spokeswoman said the woman had undergone surgery and her injuries are currently not thought to be life-threatening.
The address at Cambridge Road was cordoned off as a full investigation into what happened got underway.
- 1 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
- 2 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 3 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 4 Man who set up cannabis farm warned he will be jailed
- 5 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 8 'Absolutely amazing' - Visually impaired teen completes walking challenge
- 9 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
Police would like to hear from anyone who was in the Cambridge Road area between midnight and 1.30am yesterday who may have seen or heard anything that may assist with their enquiries.
Officers will be carrying out a street meeting in Cambridge Road between 2pm and 4pm tomorrow, (Sunday, November 22) to give local residents the opportunity to speak to police about any concerns they may have.
Anyone with information is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.