Man arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder following reports a woman was attacked at a property in Lowestoft.
Officers were called to an address in Victoria Road just after 11.35pm last night, Monday, September 9.
According to a spokesman for Suffolk police, when the officers arrived on scene they discovered a woman inside the property who had suffered a serious head injury.
He said: "She has been transported to Addenbrooke's Hospital via air ambulance and is in a critical condition."
A 59-year-old man was later arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre to be questioned.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call East CID at Lowestoft Police Station on 101 quoting reference 54560/17.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or report online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
- 2 Duo spared jail for breaking birthday party-goer's jaw in two places
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 5 New service manager unveiled at care home in Lowestoft
- 6 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 7 Latest coronavirus cases show another rise in East Suffolk
- 8 Alexa Auto stolen from car during early morning theft in Lowestoft
- 9 Man charged with robbery after threatening staff with toy gun
- 10 Man appears in court charged with toy gun robbery in Lowestoft