Man arrested on suspicion of drug driving after car crashes into concrete bollards in Lowestoft
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A 23-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of drug driving following a crash in Lowestoft.
Police were called at around 2pm on Tuesday afternoon (December 19), following a collision in Hollingsworth Road.
According to a Suffolk police spokesman, officers were called out to reports that a car had come off the road and was in collision with three concrete bollards.
It then collided with another vehicle.
The man was given a roadside drugs test and was subsequently arrested.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
If you saw the incident or have any information that could assist officers in their investigation call Suffolk police on 101.
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 55511 or fill in the charity's anonymous crime reporting form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org