Man attacked and robbed in Lowestoft
A MAN suffered facial injuries as he was robbed of his keys in a Lowestoft park.Trouble flared between two men in BelleVue Park at around 6.30pm on Saturday (March 7).
A MAN suffered facial injuries as he was robbed of his keys in a Lowestoft park.
Trouble flared between two men in BelleVue Park at around 6.30pm on Saturday (March 7). Police are seeking information after a 56-year-old man suffered a possible fractured cheekbone and bruising to his face when he was robbed.
Officers were alerted by observant local who saw a younger man - thought to be in his 20s to early 30s - attacking the older man.
When police spoke to the 56-year-old victim he reported the younger man had threatened him and demanded he hand over his wallet. He refused and was assaulted by the attacker who stole his keys before running away.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the two men in the park around this time on Saturday. If you saw the incident, or have any information about the attacker, please call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 2 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 'Welcome back!' - Glasses raised as popular pub reopens
- 5 Duo left shaken after youths threw stones and jumped on parked car
- 6 Woman scared to leave her house after being closely followed by man
- 7 'A real buzz' hits Lowestoft as lockdown rules ease
- 8 Woman punched on the ground after walking crutch was kicked away
- 9 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage