Man attacked and robbed in Lowestoft
A MAN suffered facial injuries as he was robbed of his keys in a Lowestoft park.Trouble flared between two men in BelleVue Park at around 6.30pm on Saturday (March 7).
A MAN suffered facial injuries as he was robbed of his keys in a Lowestoft park.
Trouble flared between two men in BelleVue Park at around 6.30pm on Saturday (March 7). Police are seeking information after a 56-year-old man suffered a possible fractured cheekbone and bruising to his face when he was robbed.
Officers were alerted by observant local who saw a younger man - thought to be in his 20s to early 30s - attacking the older man.
When police spoke to the 56-year-old victim he reported the younger man had threatened him and demanded he hand over his wallet. He refused and was assaulted by the attacker who stole his keys before running away.
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the two men in the park around this time on Saturday. If you saw the incident, or have any information about the attacker, please call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Pub gets dozens of calls asking - 'Do you know there's a dog on your roof?'
- 2 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 3 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 4 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 5 VW Golf seized and BMW driver warned over loud exhaust in Lowestoft
- 6 Father-of-four gets driving ban after night out in resort
- 7 Who put them up there? The mystery of the Lowestoft scarecrows
- 8 Banksy mural created to spark debate after town's artwork was sold
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 'A first for Lowestoft': Joy as new outdoor fitness equipment unveiled