Man attacked and robbed in Lowestoft
A MAN suffered facial injuries as he was robbed of his keys in a Lowestoft park.Trouble flared between two men in BelleVue Park at around 6.30pm on Saturday (March 7).
A MAN suffered facial injuries as he was robbed of his keys in a Lowestoft park.
Trouble flared between two men in BelleVue Park at around 6.30pm on Saturday (March 7). Police are seeking information after a 56-year-old man suffered a possible fractured cheekbone and bruising to his face when he was robbed.
Officers were alerted by observant local who saw a younger man - thought to be in his 20s to early 30s - attacking the older man.
When police spoke to the 56-year-old victim he reported the younger man had threatened him and demanded he hand over his wallet. He refused and was assaulted by the attacker who stole his keys before running away.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have seen the two men in the park around this time on Saturday. If you saw the incident, or have any information about the attacker, please call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Could direct trains run from Lowestoft to London again?
- 2 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 3 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 4 Butchers' could be converted into cafe under new plans
- 5 'Disappointment' as thieves raid £16,000 of kit from town's sports club
- 6 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 7 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 8 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 9 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 10 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day