Man attacked and robbed in Lowestoft
A MAN was grabbed and assaulted by two robbers, who stole his mobile phone and cash as he walked along a street in Lowestoft.Police are seeking witnesses after a 20-year-old man was robbed in the Norwich Road area about 11.
A MAN was grabbed and assaulted by two robbers, who stole his mobile phone and cash as he walked along a street in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after a 20-year-old man was robbed in the Norwich Road area about 11.10pm last night (Monday).
He was walking along the road when he was grabbed and assaulted by two black men, in their 20s, of medium build, one about 5ft 9ins tall and wearing a black tracksuit and white shoes, the other about 6ft 1inch tall, wearing a grey tracksuit top and grey jogging bottoms - who then took his silver coloured phone and a small amount of cash from his pockets before running away.
The 20-year-old was uninjured in the attack. 'Police would like to hear from anyone who may have been out in this area around this time, regardless of whether you think you saw anything or not, anyone who may have seen men meeting this description in the Norwich Road vicinity, or anyone who may have information about who they are,' a police spokesman said.
You may also want to watch:
• Information should be directed to Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Police concerned for welfare of missing 14-year-old girl
- 2 Lowestoft man's role in some of the biggest live events of 2021
- 3 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 4 Tributes to 'much loved' council worker as dustcart leads funeral cortège
- 5 Man suffers potentially life-threatening injuries in A145 collision
- 6 'Do not click on the link': Warning over 'NHS scam' vaccine email
- 7 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 8 Town centre business owner's pledge amid latest lockdown closure
- 9 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 10 Nail gun and drill among tools stolen in theft from VW van