Man attacked in Lowestoft
A 50-YEAR-OLD man suffered cuts to his face and grazing to his arm and hand after he was assaulted in Lowestoft.Police are seeking witnesses after trouble flared at Whitton Green last Friday (June 4).
A 50-YEAR-OLD man suffered cuts to his face and grazing to his arm and hand after he was assaulted in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after trouble flared at Whitton Green last Friday (June 4). The man had been to a shop and was walking back across the play area towards Pinewood Avenue about 12.30pm to 12.50pm when he saw two men sitting on a bench.
One of the men approached him and demanded he hand over the beer he had just bought. The 50-year-old was then assaulted and knocked to the ground.
He got up and may have been followed by the attackers for a short time as he walked home. He was later treated by ambulance staff for the cuts and grazing, but nothing was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Police need to trace the two men and are asking anyone who saw the incident to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Man dies following collision on A12
- 2 Traffic problems as bridge lights stuck on red
- 3 'Foolish' - Landowner could face prosecution after drilling into trees
- 4 17-year-old boy missing for more than a month found
- 5 Dangerous double drug-driver awaits sentence for injuring cyclist
- 6 Heroin addict who burgled neighbour's home four times is jailed
- 7 A12 re-opens following serious three-vehicle crash
- 8 Roads closed and traffic diverted for pothole repairs
- 9 Fishing business will stay in the family as Alex, 16, set to join
- 10 'We didn't get fair hearing' - Care group's anger at new home refusal