Man attacked in Lowestoft
A 50-YEAR-OLD man suffered cuts to his face and grazing to his arm and hand after he was assaulted in Lowestoft.Police are seeking witnesses after trouble flared at Whitton Green last Friday (June 4).
A 50-YEAR-OLD man suffered cuts to his face and grazing to his arm and hand after he was assaulted in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after trouble flared at Whitton Green last Friday (June 4). The man had been to a shop and was walking back across the play area towards Pinewood Avenue about 12.30pm to 12.50pm when he saw two men sitting on a bench.
One of the men approached him and demanded he hand over the beer he had just bought. The 50-year-old was then assaulted and knocked to the ground.
He got up and may have been followed by the attackers for a short time as he walked home. He was later treated by ambulance staff for the cuts and grazing, but nothing was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Police need to trace the two men and are asking anyone who saw the incident to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 2 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 3 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 4 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 5 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 6 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 7 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure
- 8 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 9 Almost 1,000 complaints over noisy neighbours in lockdown
- 10 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover