Man attacked in Lowestoft
A 50-YEAR-OLD man suffered cuts to his face and grazing to his arm and hand after he was assaulted in Lowestoft.Police are seeking witnesses after trouble flared at Whitton Green last Friday (June 4).
A 50-YEAR-OLD man suffered cuts to his face and grazing to his arm and hand after he was assaulted in Lowestoft.
Police are seeking witnesses after trouble flared at Whitton Green last Friday (June 4). The man had been to a shop and was walking back across the play area towards Pinewood Avenue about 12.30pm to 12.50pm when he saw two men sitting on a bench.
One of the men approached him and demanded he hand over the beer he had just bought. The 50-year-old was then assaulted and knocked to the ground.
He got up and may have been followed by the attackers for a short time as he walked home. He was later treated by ambulance staff for the cuts and grazing, but nothing was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
Police need to trace the two men and are asking anyone who saw the incident to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Classic VW camper van gutted by fire on A47
- 2 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 3 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 4 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 5 Thief smashed window to steal money box from car
- 6 Filthy houses sought to feature in Channel 5 show
- 7 New policy unveiled for commemorative benches across district
- 8 Ladder used by fire crew to rescue injured gull
- 9 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 10 Visually impaired woman urges people with diabetes to get retinal screenings