Man was attacked with plastic pole, court told
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered cuts on his head during an attack with a plastic pole, a court has heard.
The victim had left a friend's house in Beaconsfield Road, Lowestoft to go to a nearby shop and was on his mobile phone when he saw a girl he knew with her boyfriend, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
He said nothing to the girl but shortly afterwards he heard someone coming up behind him and turned to see Scott Bellward, who accused him of being rude to his daughter.
Bellward punched the man in the face and he was then hit on the head with a plastic pole by Liam Defontaine. As a result of the attack the victim suffered two cuts to his head.
Bellward, 44, of John Street, Kirkley, admitted assault by beating and theft and was given a 12-month community order, 80 hours' unpaid work and ordered to pay £50 compensation.
You may also want to watch:
Defontaine, 27, of Ontario Road, Lowestoft, admitted unlawful wounding and was given a 24-month prison sentence suspended for two years, 150 hours' unpaid work and a 30-day rehabilitation order.
- 1 'I need to see a body' - Sister's torment over speedboat deaths
- 2 Boat rescued after getting into difficulty near pier
- 3 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 4 Joy as funding boost awarded to school creating sensory playground
- 5 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 6 Public urged to take Covid test if not feeling 100%
- 7 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 8 Obsessed man thought barmaid was in love with him
- 9 Drivers warned of disruption as work carried out on Bascule Bridge
- 10 RNLI called as guard vessel found aground