Man was attacked with plastic pole, court told
- Credit: Archant
A man suffered cuts on his head during an attack with a plastic pole, a court has heard.
The victim had left a friend's house in Beaconsfield Road, Lowestoft to go to a nearby shop and was on his mobile phone when he saw a girl he knew with her boyfriend, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
He said nothing to the girl but shortly afterwards he heard someone coming up behind him and turned to see Scott Bellward, who accused him of being rude to his daughter.
Bellward punched the man in the face and he was then hit on the head with a plastic pole by Liam Defontaine. As a result of the attack the victim suffered two cuts to his head.
Bellward, 44, of John Street, Kirkley, admitted assault by beating and theft and was given a 12-month community order, 80 hours' unpaid work and ordered to pay £50 compensation.
You may also want to watch:
Defontaine, 27, of Ontario Road, Lowestoft, admitted unlawful wounding and was given a 24-month prison sentence suspended for two years, 150 hours' unpaid work and a 30-day rehabilitation order.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 5 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 8 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 9 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'
- 10 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy