29-year-old charged after man is attacked with hammer
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A 29-year-old man has been charged with attempted grievous bodily harm after another man was attacked with a hammer.
Officers were called to the Beaconsfield Road area of Lowestoft to reports of a street disturbance at around 10am on Tuesday, April 24.
One man was seen to assault another man by hitting him on the head with a hammer.
Police located the victim, a man in his thirties, who declined medical attention.
Following enquiries at the scene, a man was arrested in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Nathan Baldry, of Beaconsfield Road, Lowestoft, has been charged with attempted grievous bodily harm and possession of an offensive weapon.
He has been bailed to appear before Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, May 23.
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
Police are asking any witnesses or anyone with any information to call 101 quoting reference 37/22001/18 or alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or through their online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org