Man charged in connection with burglaries at 18 businesses and charity shops
PUBLISHED: 16:21 30 May 2018
Archant © 2012
A 35-year-old man has been charged in connection with a spate of burglaries - including 11 in Southwold in the space of six weeks.
Marc Nicholls, previously of Hawke Road in Ipswich, has been charged with conspiracy to burgle in connection with a total of 20 offences, 18 of which were burglary offences at businesses in east Suffolk.
The charge relates to 13 burglaries at business premises, six attempted burglaries at business premises and one dwelling burglary, as well as one count of theft.
The offences, which occurred between December 20, 2017, and February 3, 2018, are as follows:
High Street, Southwold
• Attempted burglary at Serin Aveda hair salon and burglary at an adjacent premises between December 21 and 22, 2017.
• Burglary at Tilly & Grace Boutique between December 27 and 28, 2017.
• Burglary at the Black Olive Delicatessen on January 6, 2018.
• Two burglaries at St Elizabeth Hospice charity shop and Observatory Opticians; two attempted burglaries at Two Magpies Bakery and Sue Ryder charity shop - all occurring between January 7 and 8, 2018.
• Burglary at Marks Fish Shop and attempted burglary at Serin Aveda Hair salon between January 12 and 15, 2018.
• Burglary at The Salon between January 29 and 30, 2018.
• Three burglaries at the British Red Cross, Happiness Store and The Sandwich Shop - all occurring between January 12 and 13, 2018.
• Attempted burglary at Toby’s Pet Shop on Bridge Street in Framlingham, on January 24, 2018.
• Burglaries at Beauty at the Blue Door on High Street in Aldeburgh, and at Blonde & Chestnut on Sizewell Road in Leiston, between January 29 and 30, 2018.
• Burglaries at the Co-op in Debenham and at a dwelling on The Street in Earl Soham; theft at a property on Woodlands Road in Holbrook - all occurring between February 1 and 2, 2018.
Nicholls has been remanded in custody and will appear at Preston Magistrates’ Court on Thursday, June 7.