Man charged with murder of Lowestoft’s Scotty Tarrant named
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
The man charged with murdering Lowestoft man Scotty Tarrant has been named as Steven Butcher.
Butcher, 23, was charged last night for with murder of the 28-year-old.
Police were called at around 11.15pm on Saturday, July 7, to reports a man had suffered serious injuries at an address in Underwood Close.
The victim was taken to the James Paget Hospital in Gorleston for treatment, where he later died. A Home Office post-mortem examination concluded that the cause of death was as a result of multiple stab wounds.
Butcher, of Ashfield Crescent in Lowestoft, was arrested by officers in connection with the stabbing at 4am on Sunday, July 8, and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Butcher has now been charged with murder and remanded in custody to appear before Norwich Magistrates' Court today, July 10.
- 1 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 2 Teens arrested in connection with burglaries and arson at Lowestoft schools
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Man and woman accused of supplying cannabis and money laundering
- 5 Former butchers shop in Lowestoft is sold at auction
- 6 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 7 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 8 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 9 'Together again': Swans reunited after dog attack in Lowestoft park
- 10 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school