Man charged with eight offences following dangerous driving report
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A 28-year-old man has been charged with various offences including assault following an incident in Lowestoft.
A Honda Civic was reported to have been seen driving erratically in the town at about 11am on Tuesday, April 3.
A driver of a Renault van was spat at and this vehicle was also involved in a collision with the Honda Civic in the Bevan Street East area of town.
The occupant of the Civic then left the vehicle and after a brief foot chase he was arrested in the Clapham Road South area and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Andrew Reilly, 28, of Notley Road in Lowestoft, was arrested and has since been charged with dangerous driving, assault, resisting arrest by a police officer, causing a road traffic collision, driving without a licence, driving with no insurance, failing to provide a specimen and using threatening, abusive or insulting words.
You may also want to watch:
He appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court today.
- 1 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 2 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 3 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 4 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 5 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 6 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 7 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 10 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price