Man charged with manslaughter after clubland death
A 28-year-old man has been charged with killing a man outside a Norwich nightspot.Phillip Ward, 46, from Drayton, died from head injuries after an incident at Chicago Rock Caf� on Prince of Wales Road.
A 28-year-old man has been charged with killing a man outside a Norwich nightspot.
Phillip Ward, 46, from Drayton, died from head injuries after an incident at Chicago Rock Caf� on Prince of Wales Road at 2.45am on Saturday May 30.
Steven Hopkins, of Woodward Road, Norwich, has today been charged with manslaughter and released on bail.
He is due to appear before Norwich Magistrates Court on Wednesday June 24.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 2 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 3 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 4 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
- 5 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 6 Town 'at the heart' of green energy bid after windfarm success
- 7 Delays expected for bridge works
- 8 Motorists face 25-mile diversions with roads set to be closed
- 9 Couple separated by Covid reunited for 65th anniversary
- 10 Dad 'relieved' after stolen car found through power of social media