Man cleared of rape in Lowestoft
A MAN has been cleared of raping a woman at his Lowestoft flat, following a crown court trial.Mehedi Ali said although he and the woman touched each other intimately, they had not had sexual intercourse.
A MAN has been cleared of raping a woman at his Lowestoft flat, following a crown court trial.
Mehedi Ali said although he and the woman touched each other intimately, they had not had sexual intercourse.
A jury at Ipswich Crown Court took less than four hours to unanimously find Ali, 26, not guilty of rape on Friday.
During the trial, the court heard that the woman and her friend went to Ali's flat in Pier Terrace, Lowestoft, and spent the evening drinking with Ali and another man before the alleged attack.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 2 Minke whale to be removed from Lowestoft beach
- 3 Rapid Covid test sites planned for Bury St Edmunds and Lowestoft
- 4 'Manipulative and scheming' man jailed for child sex offences
- 5 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 10 Suzuki and Honda motorbikes stolen in overnight thefts