Man cleared of rape in Lowestoft
A MAN has been cleared of raping a woman at his Lowestoft flat, following a crown court trial.Mehedi Ali said although he and the woman touched each other intimately, they had not had sexual intercourse.
A MAN has been cleared of raping a woman at his Lowestoft flat, following a crown court trial.
Mehedi Ali said although he and the woman touched each other intimately, they had not had sexual intercourse.
A jury at Ipswich Crown Court took less than four hours to unanimously find Ali, 26, not guilty of rape on Friday.
During the trial, the court heard that the woman and her friend went to Ali's flat in Pier Terrace, Lowestoft, and spent the evening drinking with Ali and another man before the alleged attack.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Confiscation hearing adjourned for North sea jet ski drug smugglers
- 2 New £9m school building opened by children's commissioner
- 3 Popular Lowestoft restaurant revealed as English curry award finalist
- 4 Academy in Lowestoft receives Ofsted praise for 'effective action'
- 5 Mum of four set to return to the stage in Lowestoft - after a decade away
- 6 East Suffolk's coronavirus case rate increases, but rates still half England's average
- 7 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 8 Thieves steal moped from driveway of home in south Lowestoft
- 9 Is Lowestoft becoming 'party central' of the east coast?
- 10 Robbers attempt to steal dog in Lowestoft churchyard