Search

Man concocts north Suffolk stabbing story

PUBLISHED: 11:02 29 October 2010

Suffolk police car

Suffolk police car

Archant © 2009

A MAN who told police he had been attacked by three men and stabbed in north Suffolk has admitted he made the story up.

The 26-year-old originally told officers he was knifed in Quay Street, Halesworth, about 3.30am on Sunday, October 24.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: “Officers began extensive enquiries into the incident but forensic evidence and other aspects of the man’s story did not add up.

“Police re-interviewed the alleged victim who admitted he had made the story up.

“Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the injury he sustained,” the spokeswoman added.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Lowestoft Journal

Hot Jobs

Show Job Lists