Man concocts north Suffolk stabbing story
A MAN who told police he had been attacked by three men and stabbed in north Suffolk has admitted he made the story up.
The 26-year-old originally told officers he was knifed in Quay Street, Halesworth, about 3.30am on Sunday, October 24.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: 'Officers began extensive enquiries into the incident but forensic evidence and other aspects of the man's story did not add up.
'Police re-interviewed the alleged victim who admitted he had made the story up.
'Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the injury he sustained,' the spokeswoman added.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 2 Woman, 18, victim of possible sexual assault in Lowestoft
- 3 Plot of land near Beccles sells at auction for five times guide price
- 4 Official unveiling for new nature reserve boardwalk in Lowestoft
- 5 Popular laser lights display set for welcome return to pier
- 6 Devoted doctor, 93, to embark on dancing busk-athon in Lowestoft
- 7 'Awe-inspiring' progress on £126.75m Gull Wing third crossing
- 8 'You are our champion': Community praise for Olympian Charley Davison
- 9 'A golden medal from your hometown': Amazing support for Olympian
- 10 McDonalds volunteers remove 20 wheelbarrow loads of algae from town's park