Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A man in his 50s has died after a head on-collision between a car and a van on the A143 Beccles Road.
The front seat passenger of a white VW van has died after a collision with a silver Mercedes A Class in the early hours of Saturday morning (October 23).
Norfolk Police was called by a member of the public to the incident at 1.40am, which happened in Belton, near Fritton, along the A143 Beccles Road.
A white HGV articulated lorry was also involved in the incident.
The driver of the white VW van was also injured but not fatally, with the details not known at present.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended as both the car and van caught fire after the collision.
The scene was made safe and the vehicle occupants were released using hydraulic rescue equipment.
- 1 New lease of life for vacant former supermarket
- 2 New Taco Bell restaurant 'will make a real difference to vibrancy' of town
- 3 Motorbike and car involved in crash in Lowestoft
- 4 Teen warned jail sentence 'almost inevitable' for cocaine dealing
- 5 Two men in 20s arrested after serious Lowestoft assault
- 6 Do you know him? CCTV appeal launched after Lowestoft assault
- 7 Suffolk care boss warns fuel costs could soon be unsustainable
- 8 Chance of a bargain as home goes under the hammer for £60,000
- 9 High drama and wise words as First Light Festival returns
- 10 Artist's impression gives glimpse of how £14.7m Cultural Quarter could look
The A143 Beccles Road is currently shut both ways between The Decoy Tavern and Beccles Road for emergency repairs due to the extensive damage caused by the fire.
It is not expected to reopen until Monday afternoon at the earliest.
Norfolk Police is appealing for witnesses to the incident.