Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A man in his 50s has died after a head on-collision between a car and a van on the A143 Beccles Road.
The front seat passenger of a white VW van has died after a collision with a silver Mercedes A Class in the early hours of Saturday morning (October 23).
Norfolk Police was called by a member of the public to the incident at 1.40am, which happened in Belton, near Fritton, along the A143 Beccles Road.
A white HGV articulated lorry was also involved in the incident.
The driver of the white VW van was also injured but not fatally, with the details not known at present.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service crews from Great Yarmouth and Gorleston attended as both the car and van caught fire after the collision.
The scene was made safe and the vehicle occupants were released using hydraulic rescue equipment.
- 1 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 2 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 3 'Boris needs to go' - Hotel manager's anger over alleged No 10 party
- 4 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 7 RAF veteran 'overwhelmed' after receiving 600 cards for 100th birthday
- 8 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on new hospital for Great Yarmouth and Waveney
- 10 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
The A143 Beccles Road is currently shut both ways between The Decoy Tavern and Beccles Road for emergency repairs due to the extensive damage caused by the fire.
It is not expected to reopen until Monday afternoon at the earliest.
Norfolk Police is appealing for witnesses to the incident.