Man dies in serious A12 crash
A MAN has died after a single vehicle road traffic collision on the A12.The emergency services, incluiding the air ambulance, are currently at the scene of the collision at the A12 in Thorington, near Blythburgh, which happened this lunchtime (Wednesday).
A MAN has died after a single vehicle road traffic collision on the A12.
The emergency services, including the air ambulance, are currently at the scene of the collision at the A12 in Thorington, near Blythburgh, which happened this lunchtime (Wednesday).
'Police were called at just before noon to reports that a vehicle had left the carriageway and had gone into a field,' a police spokesman said.
'The male driver of the car has been declared dead at the scene.'
You may also want to watch:
Diversions have subsequently been put in place following the crash.
'The A12 is currently closed in both directions - a diversion is in place taking vehicles northbound off at the A144 and southbound via the B1123,' the spokesman added.
- 1 Best friends to launch sweet shop together in seaside town
- 2 Parts of Waveney could be Covid-free for first time in months, figures show
- 3 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 4 Peter Aldous: 'Great opportunities for future of special Lowestoft'
- 5 Plea to help find 17-year-old missing since February 2
- 6 'Help us make a new outside space': Appeal to transform school's playground
- 7 Police receive nearly 140 calls about Covid breaches during sunny weekend
- 8 What is the future for Lowestoft's historic high street?
- 9 Brexit: What does it mean for Lowestoft's fishing industry?
- 10 Lockdown inspires key worker to lose six stone in weight
Any witnesses to the collision should telephone Suffolk police's serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.