Man dies in serious A12 crash
A MAN has died after a single vehicle road traffic collision on the A12.The emergency services, incluiding the air ambulance, are currently at the scene of the collision at the A12 in Thorington, near Blythburgh, which happened this lunchtime (Wednesday).
A MAN has died after a single vehicle road traffic collision on the A12.
The emergency services, including the air ambulance, are currently at the scene of the collision at the A12 in Thorington, near Blythburgh, which happened this lunchtime (Wednesday).
'Police were called at just before noon to reports that a vehicle had left the carriageway and had gone into a field,' a police spokesman said.
'The male driver of the car has been declared dead at the scene.'
You may also want to watch:
Diversions have subsequently been put in place following the crash.
'The A12 is currently closed in both directions - a diversion is in place taking vehicles northbound off at the A144 and southbound via the B1123,' the spokesman added.
- 1 Lowestoft woman accused of setting her own flat on fire
- 2 Fire fighters battle woodland blaze near Lowestoft
- 3 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 4 Girl's horse riding dreams shattered after vandals target equipment
- 5 New dance academy on the lookout for members of all abilities
- 6 Charity hero calls for more defibrillators after Eriksen collapse
- 7 Development of iconic Gull Wing bridge to be documented by local company
- 8 ‘Great opportunity’: Flats in coastal town set for auction
- 9 North Suffolk road to close with traffic diverted for gully repairs
- 10 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
Any witnesses to the collision should telephone Suffolk police's serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.