Man dies in serious A12 crash
A MAN has died after a single vehicle road traffic collision on the A12.The emergency services, incluiding the air ambulance, are currently at the scene of the collision at the A12 in Thorington, near Blythburgh, which happened this lunchtime (Wednesday).
A MAN has died after a single vehicle road traffic collision on the A12.
The emergency services, including the air ambulance, are currently at the scene of the collision at the A12 in Thorington, near Blythburgh, which happened this lunchtime (Wednesday).
'Police were called at just before noon to reports that a vehicle had left the carriageway and had gone into a field,' a police spokesman said.
'The male driver of the car has been declared dead at the scene.'
You may also want to watch:
Diversions have subsequently been put in place following the crash.
'The A12 is currently closed in both directions - a diversion is in place taking vehicles northbound off at the A144 and southbound via the B1123,' the spokesman added.
- 1 Projects to restore axed rail routes get £794m boost
- 2 Covid infection rate in Ipswich continues to fall below England average
- 3 New outdoor theatre hopes to bring post lockdown performances to the woods
- 4 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 5 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 6 A life in agony: 27-year-old's daily torture battling constant pain
- 7 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 8 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 9 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 10 Free scooter hire in town for those getting Covid vaccinations
Any witnesses to the collision should telephone Suffolk police's serious collision investigation team on 01473 613500.