Man found dead in marshland named
- Credit: Archant
A man whose body was found in Somerleyton near to where an illegal rave was held has been named as James Cossey.
His body was found in the marshes by a man working on the Somerleyton Estate at around 9am on Sunday, May 20.
Suffolk Police said the body was in an area close to where an unlicensed music event (UME) had occurred hours earlier.
Officers had initially been called to a remote area of the village at 1.15am by the British Transport Police.
They remained in the area and monitored the event until it came to an end at around 6.25am.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on Sunday, a Suffolk Police spokesman said there was nothing at this stage to formally link the death with the rave – but investigations are continuing.
Police said the death is being treated as unexplained, but there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances.
- 1 Flats in Lowestoft fail to sell at auction
- 2 Hunt for man wanted for assaults in Lowestoft
- 3 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 4 'It's pretty awful' - Anger as cannabis waste dumped by beauty spot
- 5 Cash and computer stolen as post office smashed during burglary
- 6 Fire crews called to fisheries laboratory in Lowestoft
- 7 Smirking teen in tank top and baseball cap exposes himself to woman
- 8 Flood-hit school hails 'amazing' community response
- 9 Last chance to have your say on plans for 150 new Lowestoft homes
- 10 Lowestoft men to be sentenced after admitting assault of man
The spokesman said a file will be prepared for the coroner.