Man found dead in marshland named
- Credit: Archant
A man whose body was found in Somerleyton near to where an illegal rave was held has been named as James Cossey.
His body was found in the marshes by a man working on the Somerleyton Estate at around 9am on Sunday, May 20.
Suffolk Police said the body was in an area close to where an unlicensed music event (UME) had occurred hours earlier.
Officers had initially been called to a remote area of the village at 1.15am by the British Transport Police.
They remained in the area and monitored the event until it came to an end at around 6.25am.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking on Sunday, a Suffolk Police spokesman said there was nothing at this stage to formally link the death with the rave – but investigations are continuing.
Police said the death is being treated as unexplained, but there are not believed to be any suspicious circumstances.
- 1 Lowestoft family feature on Channel 5 show with Nick Knowles
- 2 Man's death 'remains unexplained' after body found in Lowestoft
- 3 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 4 'Enough to go around' - Drivers urged not to panic-buy at petrol pumps
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Coastal town to feature on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip once more
- 7 Hunt for biker continues after cyclist seriously hurt in Lowestoft crash
- 8 Don't 'buckle to pressure': Warning as Nottingham Knockers target homes
- 9 Hunt for three men 'ongoing' after victim hit during Lowestoft assault
- 10 Large crowds flock to popular herring and ale fayre
The spokesman said a file will be prepared for the coroner.