Man in 80s targeted in Lowestoft distraction burglary
POLICE need to trace two men after a Lowestoft pensioner was targeted in a distraction burglary.
The men, described as white and aged in their mid 20s to mid 30s, called at a home in Montgomery Avenue between noon and 1pm last Thursday, October 28.
The householder, aged in his 80s, answered the door to the men, who claimed that a neighbour had a burst water main and they needed to check his supply was not contaminated.
One of the men walked into the property, went to the kitchen and turned on the taps while the other remained near the door. The first man engaged him in conversation for around five minutes before the second man said it was time to go. Both then left. It appears nothing was stolen.
The first man is described as being of slim build, around 5ft 8ins tall, with neat cut dark hair and was wearing a dark jacket and trousers, the other was slightly older, of medium build, around 5ft 10ins tall with a thin dark beard and wearing a dark coat.
You may also want to watch:
It's possible at least one of the men may have been in the area earlier that day – about 11am – and detectives are asking anyone who may have seen them, or who may have information about who they are, to call DC 969 Coulson at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 7 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 Man, 22, charged over stabbing as victim remains 'critical'