Man in custody after woman attacked
A man has been arrested after a 36-year-old woman reported that she had been attacked in Oulton Broad.A police spokesman said the incident happened on the footbridge over the railway line at Bridge Road, at about 10.
A man has been arrested after a 36-year-old woman reported that she had been attacked in Oulton Broad.
A police spokesman said the incident happened on the footbridge over the railway line at Bridge Road, at about 10.30pm last night.
The woman was walking back to where she was staying after a night out and was on the footbridge near Oulton Broad South railway station when she was struck and knocked to the ground.
She then felt the man trying to pull her trousers down, but she managed to get free and ran away.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the scene and arrested a 33-year-old a short time later.
He was questioned by detectives and later bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on August 28.
- 1 Man fled into KFC after being chased at knifepoint in Lowestoft
- 2 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 3 Man who downloaded indecent images of children avoids jail
- 4 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 5 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 6 Two men assaulted at children's play park
- 7 Extraordinary meeting called over village solar farm
- 8 Fire crew called after child gets stuck in room with faulty latch
- 9 Father and son rescued by lifeguards after their boat capsized out at sea
- 10 Revealed: Where petrol prices are cheapest in Suffolk
Officers are asking anyone who was in the area around this time last night to come forward, particularly if they saw a man or a woman walking along, or the incident itself.
Anyone who can help should call Det Con 1378 Balls at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.