Man in custody after woman attacked
A man has been arrested after a 36-year-old woman reported that she had been attacked in Oulton Broad.A police spokesman said the incident happened on the footbridge over the railway line at Bridge Road, at about 10.
A man has been arrested after a 36-year-old woman reported that she had been attacked in Oulton Broad.
A police spokesman said the incident happened on the footbridge over the railway line at Bridge Road, at about 10.30pm last night.
The woman was walking back to where she was staying after a night out and was on the footbridge near Oulton Broad South railway station when she was struck and knocked to the ground.
She then felt the man trying to pull her trousers down, but she managed to get free and ran away.
You may also want to watch:
Police were called to the scene and arrested a 33-year-old a short time later.
He was questioned by detectives and later bailed to return to Lowestoft police station on August 28.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Local elections 2021: Green gains and Conservative majority in east Suffolk
- 5 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash
- 6 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 7 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
- 8 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 9 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 10 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
Officers are asking anyone who was in the area around this time last night to come forward, particularly if they saw a man or a woman walking along, or the incident itself.
Anyone who can help should call Det Con 1378 Balls at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.