Police hunt man who exposed himself to woman and children
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Witnesses are being sought after a man indecently exposed himself to children in an alleyway and a woman as she made her way home.
Police are 'keeping an open mind' as to whether the two incidents in south Lowestoft on Sunday and yesterday (Monday) are linked.
Officers said the first incident happened about 1.45am on Sunday, September 16 on Tom Crisp Way. A woman in her late 50s was walking home after a night out when a man stood in the entrance to the park on the road, exposed himself to the woman before running off. The man is described as white, aged in his mid 30s, wearing a dark hooded top with the hood pulled up, dark trousers and dark trainers. Nothing was said to the victim.
The second incident happened on Sunday, September 17 at some point between 5.15pm and 5.30pm in an alleyway between London Road South and Kirkley Cliff Road.
A police spokesman said: 'An unknown male indecently exposed himself in front of children and then pulled up his trousers when a man saw him. Officers are keeping an open mind as to if the two incidents are linked.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who witnessed either incident, has been subjected to a similar incident recently or knows who the suspect may be should contact 101, quoting crime reference 37/53131/18 or 37/53549/18
- 1 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 8 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 9 Drive-in fireworks display with food village returning for 2021
- 10 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week