Man injured in early morning assault
A 42-year-old man sustained cuts and bruising to his face in an incident in Bevan Street West between 1am and 1.20am this morning.The man was heading from the railway station towards the Norwich Road area, when he noticed three men standing in Bevan Street East.
A 42-year-old man sustained cuts and bruising to his face in an incident in Bevan Street West between 1am and 1.20am this morning.
The man was heading from the railway station towards the Norwich Road area, when he noticed three men standing in Bevan Street East. As the 42-year-old headed toward Bevan Street West the suspects walked across the crossing toward him and one asked him a question.
The three followed the 42-year-old into Bevan Street West and then assaulted him. One of the three then asked if he had a wallet. The 42-year-old said he didn't and the three men walked away towards Denmark Road.
The 42-year-old returned to his home to call police and was treated by the ambulance service for his facial injuries, which included cuts and swelling.
You may also want to watch:
The three offenders are described as white and in their late teens to mid 20s, of slim to medium build and all with short dark hair. All three were similarly dressed in dark coloured sports-style jackets, one with white up the sides of the jacket, and dark trousers or jeans.
One was around 5ft 5ins - 5ft 7ins tall, one had some stubble on his top lip, wore a black and white baseball cap and may have worn an earring, and the third wore a dark baseball cap.
- 1 Young woman sets up new business with big plans for the future
- 2 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 7 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 8 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 9 MP still hopes to host surgeries in person after colleague killed
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of stalking after notes left on women's cars
Anyone who was in the area around 12.30am-1.30am this morning who may have seen three men matching this description, or anyone with information about the incident or the offenders, is asked to call Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.