Man jumps in river but pulled to safety
A man was fished to safety by police after jumping off the Haven Bridge in Great Yarmouth in the early hours today.
Yarmouth: A man was taken to hospital with possible hyperthermia after jumping off the Haven Bridge in the early hours of yesterday.
Yarmouth Coastguard said Gorleston RNLI inshore lifeboat picked up the man who was taken to The James Paget University Hospital, Gorleston, by ambulance. He had been trapped between the quayside and the Lydia Eva boat.
A Norfolk police spokesman said they received a call at about 1.30am. The spokesman said: 'One of our officers was able to get a rope around the man and pull him to safety.'
- 1 Lowestoft man battling back after prostate cancer diagnosis
- 2 Seven places to get a fry-up in Lowestoft
- 3 East Anglia’s ports tap into fast-growing domestic cruise market
- 4 Woman shot by pellet gun when leaving Lowestoft shop
- 5 'We will all miss him': Poignant tributes paid to 'brilliant' solicitor
- 6 First Buses to change tickets to make travel simpler
- 7 Mum 'ecstatic' as SEND placement finally found for son with complex needs
- 8 Clean up operation after potato slurry spill in Lowestoft
- 9 Work begins on demountable flood gate in Lowestoft
- 10 Can you spot yourself in these Lowestoft school photos through the years?