Man jumps in river but pulled to safety
A man was fished to safety by police after jumping off the Haven Bridge in Great Yarmouth in the early hours today.
Yarmouth: A man was taken to hospital with possible hyperthermia after jumping off the Haven Bridge in the early hours of yesterday.
Yarmouth Coastguard said Gorleston RNLI inshore lifeboat picked up the man who was taken to The James Paget University Hospital, Gorleston, by ambulance. He had been trapped between the quayside and the Lydia Eva boat.
A Norfolk police spokesman said they received a call at about 1.30am. The spokesman said: 'One of our officers was able to get a rope around the man and pull him to safety.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'This is very welcome': Go-ahead for HMO close to town centre
- 2 Groundworks start at site of new McDonald’s restaurant
- 3 Junction closed for third crossing preparations
- 4 Suffolk braced for up to 10cm of snow as warnings upgraded
- 5 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 6 Takeaway deli set to open in coastal town
- 7 Nine still under investigation after man knifed in village brawl
- 8 Tributes to man, 31, who died on Christmas Day
- 9 Name unveiled for new Bungay SEND school
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk and north Essex