Man jumps in river but pulled to safety
A man was fished to safety by police after jumping off the Haven Bridge in Great Yarmouth in the early hours today.
Yarmouth: A man was taken to hospital with possible hyperthermia after jumping off the Haven Bridge in the early hours of yesterday.
Yarmouth Coastguard said Gorleston RNLI inshore lifeboat picked up the man who was taken to The James Paget University Hospital, Gorleston, by ambulance. He had been trapped between the quayside and the Lydia Eva boat.
A Norfolk police spokesman said they received a call at about 1.30am. The spokesman said: 'One of our officers was able to get a rope around the man and pull him to safety.'
- 1 Warning as RNLI crew called out to sandbank to rescue paddleboarders
- 2 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 3 Shock as knife found in Subway tuna sandwich
- 4 Firefighters plea to not use sky lanterns as one lands near large field
- 5 Amazing pictures of the impact of heatwave captured from microlight
- 6 Firefighters battle blaze in Lowestoft cliff face
- 7 Revealed: The latest Covid rates in every Suffolk neighbourhood
- 8 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
- 9 Best-selling author Ann Cleeves to star at 'extra special' event
- 10 7 reasons why Suffolk is the best county in the UK