Man killed in A12 collision
Hayley MaceA 53-year-old man died after a collision on the A12 this afternoon.Hayley Mace
A 53-year-old man died after a collision on the A12 this afternoon.
A grey Maserati, being driven by the 53-year-old and travelling northwards towards Lowestoft, was in collision with a Range Rover near Blythburgh at about 2.35pm.
The man, who is thought to be from the Lowestoft area, was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
The busy stretch of road is still closed and traffic is being diverted via Wangford village and the A145 towards Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
Police investigations are continuing and anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Suffolk's roads policing unit on 01473 613500.
- 1 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 2 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown
- 3 Emergency works cause early morning traffic chaos on A47
- 4 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 5 'Marmite' beach huts supported despite disability concerns
- 6 Boy attacked by man in woodland in Lowestoft
- 7 Woman suffering flashbacks and seizures after unprovoked attack
- 8 Walk-in vaccine clinics cancelled following influx of bookings
- 9 Lowestoft 'bold modern' beach huts decision pushed back
- 10 Arson probe after flames from lit aerosol cans cause late night damage