Man killed in A12 collision
Hayley MaceA 53-year-old man died after a collision on the A12 this afternoon.Hayley Mace
A 53-year-old man died after a collision on the A12 this afternoon.
A grey Maserati, being driven by the 53-year-old and travelling northwards towards Lowestoft, was in collision with a Range Rover near Blythburgh at about 2.35pm.
The man, who is thought to be from the Lowestoft area, was pronounced dead at the scene. His next of kin have been informed.
The busy stretch of road is still closed and traffic is being diverted via Wangford village and the A145 towards Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
Police investigations are continuing and anyone who witnessed the collision should contact Suffolk's roads policing unit on 01473 613500.
- 1 Police arrest wanted 55-year-old man who was missing for 5 months
- 2 Nine arrests after baseball bats and knives used in brawl in village
- 3 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 4 Woman airlifted to hospital after crash
- 5 Bridge to close with traffic set to be diverted
- 6 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 7 Safety plea after child pictured at base of crumbling cliff
- 8 Merger plans unveiled for four pupil referral unit schools
- 9 Trial date set for man accused of assaulting two police officers
- 10 'Slowly drowning' - Publican's concerns over Tier 2 restrictions