Man punched by gang of three while riding his bicycle
- Credit: Archant
A man was attacked by a gang of three teenagers while out riding his bicycle.
The unprompted attack happened on Friday, January 24, just after midday.
At around 12.30pm, an 18-year-old man was riding his bicycle along Somerleyton Road, Lowestoft, when three teenagers came towards him and started verbally assaulting him.
After a "minor" verbal altercation, one of the three men, aged between 14 and 19, punched the victim.
Thankfully the victim suffered no major injuries apart from pain and discomfort.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for anyone with information about the assault to come forward.
The males are described as white, aged between 14-19 years, wearing jogging bottoms or sports clothing, and one of the three had a think dark green framed bike.
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 First look at Lowestoft's newest late night venue - part of £150k investment
- 3 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 4 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 7 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 Man on walking tour of UK's coastline 'met with so much love' in Suffolk
- 10 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
If you have any information about this assault, were in the area at this time and have any dash cam or CCTV footage, please contact Suffolk Police quoting crime reference 37/5165/20