Man robbed in Lowestoft churchyard
A MAN was attacked and robbed of his wallet as he walked through a Lowestoft churchyard.
Police are asking anyone who was in the area of St Margarets churchyard at St Margarets Road and Oulton Road about 9pm to 9.30pm on Saturday (April 2), to come forward after a 33-year-old man was robbed of his wallet, containing cash and cards.
The man said he had been walking across the churchyard when he was knocked to the ground by two men – one described as around 6ft 2ins tall, of skinny build, wearing dark coloured clothing, the other similarly dressed, around 5ft 10ins to 5ft 11ins and thick set. They then searched his pockets and took the wallet.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area around this time on Saturday night, regardless of whether you think you saw anything or not.
• If you can help please call DC 914 Brotherston at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
- 1 Community rally together after fire rips through family home
- 2 One person treated at scene of house fire in Lowestoft
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 5 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 6 Fallen tree blocks train lines near Lowestoft
- 7 Lowestoft jeweller gets TV spot in Kirstie Allsopp's Handmade Christmas
- 8 Pressure group anger over speeding drivers on busy bypass
- 9 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 10 Waveney MP says PM should 'hold up his hands' over No 10 party