Man robbed in Lowestoft churchyard
A MAN was attacked and robbed of his wallet as he walked through a Lowestoft churchyard.
Police are asking anyone who was in the area of St Margarets churchyard at St Margarets Road and Oulton Road about 9pm to 9.30pm on Saturday (April 2), to come forward after a 33-year-old man was robbed of his wallet, containing cash and cards.
The man said he had been walking across the churchyard when he was knocked to the ground by two men – one described as around 6ft 2ins tall, of skinny build, wearing dark coloured clothing, the other similarly dressed, around 5ft 10ins to 5ft 11ins and thick set. They then searched his pockets and took the wallet.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who was in the area around this time on Saturday night, regardless of whether you think you saw anything or not.
• If you can help please call DC 914 Brotherston at Lowestoft CID on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 2 Family fundraising for Aimee, 16, after leukaemia diagnosis
- 3 Tributes paid to 'intelligent, humble, quiet and caring' family man
- 4 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
- 5 Seafood restaurant and bar set to transform historic Lowestoft pub
- 6 Lowestoft-area high school honours Year 11 students with glitzy prom
- 7 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 8 Iconic hospital likely to be sold to private developer
- 9 Coronavirus cases in East Suffolk almost double in a week
- 10 Sexual misconduct allegations against Suffolk police officers revealed under FoI laws