Man suffers facial injuries in Lowestoft attack
A 26-year-old man was assaulted as he walked along a Lowestoft road yesterday afternoon (Thursday).
Police are seeking witnesses after the man was assaulted in Normanston Drive about 1.45pm.
The 26-year-old was walking along close to the junction with Skamacre Crescent when he saw two men – described as white, in their late teens to early 20s, one around 6ft 2ins tall, of slim build with short blond hair in a spiky style, wearing a bright blue hooded top with white design on the chest and dark jeans, the other shorter, of medium build, with acne on his face, and short messy dark brown hair, wearing a dark blue jacket, white shirt and dark jeans – walking on the other side of the road.
Both the men then crossed the road and spoke to him and the 26-year-old then crossed the road and the two followed him. He was then assaulted by the two. The 26-year-old suffered scratch marks to his cheek. Police need to speak to anyone who was in the area around this time and particularly need to trace the driver of a blue Ford Fiesta-type car that is believed to have passed during the incident.
• Anyone who saw the assault or who recognises the descriptions of the attackers is asked to call PC 1475 Plummer on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 2 'Be vigilant' - man's warning after attempted car break-in
- 3 Minke whale washes up on beach
- 4 People in 'next priority' groups to receive covid jabs in coastal town
- 5 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 6 Touching tributes paid to 'great teacher and lovely man'
- 7 Centre of Lowestoft is a 'coronavirus hotspot'
- 8 Driver arrested for third time after drug driving
- 9 Former EDL organiser calls Covid 'a radical extremist's dream'
- 10 Pharmacy announced as latest site to begin coronavirus vaccinations