Man suffers facial injuries in Lowestoft attack
A 26-year-old man was assaulted as he walked along a Lowestoft road yesterday afternoon (Thursday).
Police are seeking witnesses after the man was assaulted in Normanston Drive about 1.45pm.
The 26-year-old was walking along close to the junction with Skamacre Crescent when he saw two men – described as white, in their late teens to early 20s, one around 6ft 2ins tall, of slim build with short blond hair in a spiky style, wearing a bright blue hooded top with white design on the chest and dark jeans, the other shorter, of medium build, with acne on his face, and short messy dark brown hair, wearing a dark blue jacket, white shirt and dark jeans – walking on the other side of the road.
Both the men then crossed the road and spoke to him and the 26-year-old then crossed the road and the two followed him. He was then assaulted by the two. The 26-year-old suffered scratch marks to his cheek. Police need to speak to anyone who was in the area around this time and particularly need to trace the driver of a blue Ford Fiesta-type car that is believed to have passed during the incident.
• Anyone who saw the assault or who recognises the descriptions of the attackers is asked to call PC 1475 Plummer on 01986 835300.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 2 Lowestoft house fire starts in tumble dryer and rips through conservatory
- 3 Relief for kittiwakes as controversial netting removed
- 4 Friends launch fantasy horse racing site to combat problem gambling
- 5 Acid attack victim opens heart to TV star on true crime show
- 6 Lowestoft man badly hurt after being attacked by gang in his own home
- 7 Adapted trike helping to fulfil dreams and bring back 'happy memories'
- 8 Man released from hospital after being stabbed in Lowestoft
- 9 Have your say on plans for 150 homes at former hospital site
- 10 Pakefield Man set for summer showcase