Man suffers “serious injuries” in Lowestoft
A MAN in his 40s has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after being found at an address in Kirkley this afternoon (Wednesday).
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information after the injured man was found at an address in London Road South earlier today.
'Officers were contacted by the ambulance service, just after 2.20pm, who reported that they had been called to the property, close to the junction with Economy Road, to attend to the man, believed to be in his 40s, who had sustained injuries,' a police spokesman said.
'Police attended and have secured the area. Ambulance personnel started to treat the man at the scene and he has now been taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston in a serious condition.
'Enquiries are underway to determine exactly what happened and police are asking anyone who may have been in the area today to come forward if you saw or heard anything unusual,' the spokesman added.
You may also want to watch:
• If you can help please call Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 3 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 4 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 5 Heartbreak as netting traps and entangles endangered bird species
- 6 Man arrested after police find 200 cannabis plants in building
- 7 Cornish man in search for long lost Lowestoft relatives
- 8 New convenience store earmarked for former Boots pharmacy
- 9 Town's Post Office branch to reopen
- 10 What's opening in Waveney from May 17?