Man suffers “serious injuries” in Lowestoft
A MAN in his 40s has been taken to hospital with serious injuries after being found at an address in Kirkley this afternoon (Wednesday).
Police are seeking witnesses and are appealing for information after the injured man was found at an address in London Road South earlier today.
'Officers were contacted by the ambulance service, just after 2.20pm, who reported that they had been called to the property, close to the junction with Economy Road, to attend to the man, believed to be in his 40s, who had sustained injuries,' a police spokesman said.
'Police attended and have secured the area. Ambulance personnel started to treat the man at the scene and he has now been taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston in a serious condition.
'Enquiries are underway to determine exactly what happened and police are asking anyone who may have been in the area today to come forward if you saw or heard anything unusual,' the spokesman added.
• If you can help please call Lowestoft police on 01986 835300.
- 1 Roadworks to know about in Lowestoft this week
- 2 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 3 Families flock to coastal town centre ahead of switch-on event
- 4 Man charged and two arrested after victim hit with knife in assault
- 5 Man 'remains under investigation' after car crashed into home
- 6 New homes earmarked for former offices near town centre
- 7 Amelia Reynolds: 'I've learned to live a bit more in the present - enjoy the right now'
- 8 Man arrested in connection with Lowestoft assault
- 9 Victorian theme attracts hundreds for town's festivities
- 10 67-year-old Lowestoft drug dealer found with £200,000 of cocaine jailed