Man tasered after damage caused at Lowestoft pub
A 47-YEAR-OLD Lowestoft man has been arrested on suspicion of committing criminal damage after trouble flared at a pub in the town.
Officers were called to The Alderman pub on Hollingsworth Road at 5pm yesterday (Thursday) after a customer began smashing glasses.
A spokesman for Lowestoft police said when officers arrived the man had already left the pub. 'He was found outside the shops in Hollingsworth Road and became aggressive,' the spokesman said.
A taser was then deployed and the man was arrested on suspicion of committing criminal damage. He remains in custody.
• Anyone with information about the incident should telephone 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Bridge to close with traffic diverted for 'routine' maintenance
- 2 Person rescued after blaze in first floor flat
- 3 Air ambulance responds after man suffers fall in Lowestoft
- 4 Man charged over screwdriver robbery of teen
- 5 First Light Festival adds more events to Days of Summer programme
- 6 Couple who first met at hotel celebrate six decades of marriage
- 7 Police appeal for help tracing wanted Suffolk man
- 8 Investigation closed against man who exposed himself in cemetery
- 9 Driver swore at driver he crashed into before speeding off
- 10 15ft-wide abnormal load on A47 this weekend