Man tasered after damage caused at Lowestoft pub
A 47-YEAR-OLD Lowestoft man has been arrested on suspicion of committing criminal damage after trouble flared at a pub in the town.
Officers were called to The Alderman pub on Hollingsworth Road at 5pm yesterday (Thursday) after a customer began smashing glasses.
A spokesman for Lowestoft police said when officers arrived the man had already left the pub. 'He was found outside the shops in Hollingsworth Road and became aggressive,' the spokesman said.
A taser was then deployed and the man was arrested on suspicion of committing criminal damage. He remains in custody.
• Anyone with information about the incident should telephone 101.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 New shops could be unveiled at prominent former family-run business
- 2 New lease of life with go-ahead for apartments above former McDonalds
- 3 Man jailed after police seize cannabis worth £15,000 from car
- 4 Norfolk pizza company announces residencies at two more pubs
- 5 Air ambulance responds to woman in 20s after emergency in Lowestoft
- 6 Jewellery stolen after burglars raid home in Lowestoft
- 7 Sniffer dogs find thousands of illegal cigarettes under manhole cover
- 8 Mum's relief at Cawston Park closure after 'hideous' restraint on son
- 9 'Suspicious' sighting in the sea sparks late night response in Lowestoft
- 10 Further overnight works scheduled for A47 with north Lowestoft closure