Man to run half marathon on sand in memory of Daniel Willgoss
- Credit: Archant
A man will run a half marathon on sand to raise money in memory of a Lowestoft gym owner.
David Butcher is running 26 laps of a circuit between The Fisheries in Pakefield to the Claremont Pier to raise money for the #LiftLoudForDanny fund, started in memory of the former Mammoth Power Gym owner Daniel Wilgoss.
The run, 13.5 miles in total, is the first of its kind with Mr Butcher hoping it will become an annual event.
He said: 'It is a nice thing to do because obviously I like to do something that no-one else has done and you don't see many people do this.
'Daniel was all about strength and power and this takes a lot of strength and power to do.'
You may also want to watch:
The #LiftLoudForDanny fund will be a campaigning force for improving mental health services following Daniel's experiences during life.
You can donate to Mr Butcher's GoFundMe page here: https://www.gofundme.com/64fa7zk?member=765522
- 1 Five new businesses to discover in Lowestoft as lockdown eases
- 2 Police thank public after tracing Lowestoft woman
- 3 Sergeant reveals what's in store for new TV show with Suffolk police team
- 4 Smokehouse to be showcased on BBC One’s Antiques Road Trip
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 7 outdoor events happening in Norfolk and Waveney this weekend
- 7 Air ambulance called after man and woman suffer medical emergencies
- 8 Lowestoft mother spared jail after admitting cruelty to one-year-old son
- 9 Students surprise care home residents as part of community project
- 10 'Lucky number seven' - Landlord opens 'flagship' pub in hometown