Man to run half marathon on sand in memory of Daniel Willgoss
- Credit: Archant
A man will run a half marathon on sand to raise money in memory of a Lowestoft gym owner.
David Butcher is running 26 laps of a circuit between The Fisheries in Pakefield to the Claremont Pier to raise money for the #LiftLoudForDanny fund, started in memory of the former Mammoth Power Gym owner Daniel Wilgoss.
The run, 13.5 miles in total, is the first of its kind with Mr Butcher hoping it will become an annual event.
He said: 'It is a nice thing to do because obviously I like to do something that no-one else has done and you don't see many people do this.
'Daniel was all about strength and power and this takes a lot of strength and power to do.'
You may also want to watch:
The #LiftLoudForDanny fund will be a campaigning force for improving mental health services following Daniel's experiences during life.
You can donate to Mr Butcher's GoFundMe page here: https://www.gofundme.com/64fa7zk?member=765522
- 1 Popular family business opens new shop in Lowestoft town centre
- 2 New shop set to open in Lowestoft town centre
- 3 New Tesco store to open in coastal town centre
- 4 Traffic to be diverted with busy road in Lowestoft closed for 10 days
- 5 'Inspirational' Olympian Charley honoured during visit to former school
- 6 Seaside town to test flood defences to prepare for 'tidal surge'
- 7 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 8 NessFest to return to Lowestoft with free events all week
- 9 New group offering specialist support to children and youngsters
- 10 Waveney schools to bring in additional measures to fight Covid rise