Marathon effort for care appeal
MORE than £515,000 has been raised for the Palliative Care East appeal and money continues to pour in. Gorleston woman Yvonne Jarmin - mum of Nicola Blayber who ran the London marathon in aid of the appeal - presented £1,472 which Nicola raised to Dr Patrick Blossfeldt, lead consultant in palliative care at the James Paget University Hospital.
MORE than £515,000 has been raised for the Palliative Care East appeal and money continues to pour in.
Gorleston woman Yvonne Jarmin - mum of Nicola Blayber who ran the London marathon in aid of the appeal - presented £1,472 which Nicola raised to Dr Patrick Blossfeldt, lead consultant in palliative care at the James Paget University Hospital.
Nicola ran the marathon in memory of her aunt and uncle who lost their lives to cancer.
Appeal events coming up include a Coffee Around the World today at Fenside, Mill Road, Burgh Castle, and Dusmagrik Productions' Musical Magic at the Marina Centre tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft fundraiser Tracy Harper will hold a fun day at Aldwyck Way on July 13, from noon until 3.30pm. There will be stalls, clowns and dancers and the Signing Choir will also perform. Donations of items for sale are needed. Call Tracy on 01502 585610.
For information on events or to hold one, contact Jenny Westgate on 01493 453348. Donations can be sent by post to the James Paget Healthcare NHS Trust Palliative Care Appeal, Palliative Care Team, Lowestoft Road, Gorleston NR31 6LA. Cheques should be made payable to Palliative Care East. Donations can be made at www.palliative-care-east.org.uk
- 1 Memorial service for 'wonderful' veteran who helped the community
- 2 'Special' feeling for care home staff following award nominations
- 3 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 4 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 5 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 6 How businesses which opened in lockdown are doing now
- 7 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 8 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 9 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 10 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
Recent donations include: E M Smith £100; Foresters Friendly Society £50; Friends Shop collection box £41.76; Mr Cullen in memory of Susan Cullen £1,067; Bradwell Parish Council £35; G A Hanton £10; Mrs Stannard £25; R Rivett in memory of Muriel Pull £30; Lowestoft Flower Club £150; R Rivett £165; Jays UK £100; Mrs S Foster £150; M Doe £15; Goose Green Nurseries £376.66; D Higgins £230; East of England Co-operative Society £90; G C Smith £25; K Woodhouse £30; Raynscourt Hotel £1,300; Soroptomists International £300; K Holdings East Anglia £2,000; Rotary Club of Lowestoft £2,150; C and Y J Cone £120; Gorleston Women's Register £575; Anglia Co-op Funerals in memory of Stewart James Ross £556.70; Worlingham Drama Group £500; Bev Read Trust Fund £2,000; England and Co £600; Bradwell Parochial Church Council £50; Northern Villages Fundraising Group £3.508; A Jary and Sons in memory of Wilfred Adam £295; A Jary and Sons in memory of Betty Masterson £785.