Creative event to be held at town theatre
- Credit: Archant
A popular creative forum will be held at the Marina Theatre in Lowestoft later this month.
The event sees artists, creatives, producers and arts organisations come together to strengthen connections and enable better arts networking in Lowestoft and the wider eastern region.
The session, on Friday, March 23 from 6pm, will feature a talk from StartEast – a business support and grants programme for creative people planning to develop and grow a cultural business in Suffolk and/or Norfolk.
This second event is a follow-on from the first session, held in February, where more than 20 people joined.
The theatre will to continue to organise regular informal meet ups, talks, workshops, information and skills-sharing sessions, debates and conferences, and the possibility from time to time to see shows.
You may also want to watch:
This project is part of Making Waves Together, a wider partnership project led jointly by Great Yarmouth Borough Council and Waveney District Council, and funded by the national Great Place Scheme, which is seeing communities and organisations in both areas work together to boost the cultural offer and drive cultural re-imagination as a way of supporting success in the seaside towns.
This free event will take place in the Marina's first floor meeting and rehearsal space, with the next creative forum events to take place on Friday, April 20 and Friday, May 25.
To register your attendance, visit www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/lowestoft-creative-forum-with-start-east-tickets-43924716008
- 1 Two Lowestoft recycling rounds costing £50,000 in contaminated waste
- 2 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Pupils forced to isolate after Covid test result wrongly recorded as positive
- 5 'Life and soul of the party': Lowestoft pub boss remembered
- 6 Sadness at latest Lowestoft town centre store closure
- 7 Teen burglar netted £80k of goods in four-year spree
- 8 Warning after man duped into paying £300 to 'forceful' rogue traders
- 9 Man charged with driving offences following police pursuit
- 10 Great-great-grandmother celebrates 101st birthday