Town’s maritime heritage to be showcased
- Credit: Archant
There will be something fishy going on at Sparrow's Nest Gardens in Lowestoft next month.
Will you be able to spot Patricia the Fisher Girl, from Lowestoft Maritime Museum, as she strolls around the gardens with a basket full of mystery objects for visitors to discover?
Patricia will be dressed in a traditional Scot's fisher girl outfit, as she shares fishing stories and explores the town's fishing heritage with local and holidaying families.
Lowestoft Maritime Museum chairman Jim Aguss said: 'The museum is keen to share the town's maritime heritage and taking some of the museum collections out into Sparrow's Nest is one way of doing this.'
Maritime memories will be showcased in the park on Thursdays in August - on August 16, August 23 and August 30 from noon to 2pm as part of the Making Waves Together Project.
You may also want to watch:
For those who want to explore Lowestoft's seafaring traditions in more detail, Lowestoft Maritime Museum is open every day in the summer and there is a special museum trail and dedicated activity room for children.
For further details visit www.lowestoftmaritimemuseum.co.uk
- 1 Man charged over attempted robbery with imitation firearm
- 2 Mystery sculpture of man briefly appears on Suffolk beach
- 3 'Ambitious ' Lowestoft heritage regeneration plan hailed by national body
- 4 Busy road near Lowestoft set to close for 'urgent' drainage works
- 5 Five Halloween events planned in Waveney this year
- 6 Fresh warning after shed burglaries in Lowestoft
- 7 Dad's anger as Lowestoft play area closed off months after daughter's fall
- 8 Woman in 60s airlifted to hospital after medical emergency
- 9 Work to locate 'buried oil deposits' on beach after Eleni V tanker spill
- 10 Works to restore shopfronts dating back to 1860s on High Street